How do you recover from a bad PT?

shock259

How do you recover from a bad PT?

Postby shock259 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 am

Besides just review what you did wrong/slap your forehead/etc? Especially when the last PT you did is really close to your LSAT? I just PTed 5 points lower than my average and it's making me nervous for test day.

Maybe I'll review an old PT that I destroyed?

alicrimson

Re: How do you recover from a bad PT?

Postby alicrimson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 am

I say do that but look at the bad one first. Any bad sections? Question types? I know what I'm doing with LR in particular, is looking at each individual question, writing the type, what the stimulus says/means, underlinging conclusions [i do this anyways on the actual test] and then going through each answer choice and writing why its wrong or correct. After that,I'm going through the prewritten explanations. This sounds time consuming but I truly wish I would have started this method earlier. I think if I don't one and done, which I really want to and is a real possibility, I'm going to deffinitely utilize this method full time.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:04 am

Review it like normal. It hurts, but think of it as an opportunity to iron out any final weaknesses you have before taking the actual exam.

Don't let it bring down your confidence though, one bad score this close to test day is not out of the ordinary (if it makes you feel better, two days before my June exam, I score 12 points below my average, and still did fine)

Best of luck :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 am

Moxie wrote:Review it like normal. It hurts, but think of it as an opportunity to iron out any final weaknesses you have before taking the actual exam.

Don't let it bring down your confidence though, one bad score this close to test day is not out of the ordinary (if it makes you feel better, two days before my June exam, I score 12 points below my average, and still did fine)

Best of luck :D

This. Whenever I do bad on a PT, or make a dumb mistake(s), I always tell myself "Better today than on the real deal." Missing it now gives you an opportunity to learn from your mistake and improve your chances to get it right on the real deal.

balzern

Postby balzern » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 am

if you are doing a lot of PT work you might be getting burnt out. this happened to me about a week ago i scored WWWAAYYY bellow my average and then this week I took a PT again for the second time and got way above my average. relax and realize that if you are taking the June test that the agony is almost over. try to do something fun this weekend and dont spend a lot (if any) time on LSAT be mentally and physically ready to dominate on monday.

best of luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”