PT 59 RC #13

risktaker

PT 59 RC #13

Postby risktaker » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Why is the answer to this E? I thought D was correct as well because one possible objection is mentioned in line 40. Can someone explain why D doesn't qualify as a right choice and why E does? Thanks.

hellojd

Re: PT 59 RC #13

Postby hellojd » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:54 pm

risktaker wrote:Why is the answer to this E? I thought D was correct as well because one possible objection is mentioned in line 40. Can someone explain why D doesn't qualify as a right choice and why E does? Thanks.

I just took this today - almost picked D, but this is a classic trick they use, putting an attractive wrong choice before the right choice, so you have to keep reading. E qualifies - look at line 6.. "with its focus..." which answers the question in E.

As for D, in the last paragraph an argument is offered against the study of statutes in NATIONAL law schools (line 48), but no known objections exist for regional schools.

Hope that helped.

alex_cryp

Postby alex_cryp » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi There.

You can find support for choice E in that the answer to the question posed is found in line 6.

D is wrong b/c line forty would answer that question only if they did not specifically mention "regionally oriented" law schools. The objection was raised b/c statutes vary region to region and therefore mastery of statues would not be generally applicable. But in the case of a "regionally oriented" law school the study of statues would be applicable. And then in line 45, we see that those who do provide training in statues currently are regionally oriented.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks. Looks like I didn't read closely.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”