LR changes after prep test 39

cord

LR changes after prep test 39

Postby cord » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 am

This is what I noticed, and for me , these changes were very significant. I went from -4 - -6 LR, to -8 on each section.

-No more "Method of Argument" Questions
-No more Stimuli with 2 Questions
-Many more Weaken Questions
-Many more Inference Questions
- Hardly any percentage Questions

Does LR change again after Preptest 50? I decided to reschedule for Oct because I had been only focusing on LR / LG , and when I hit prep test 40+ , my LR gains diminished significantly due to the changes above.

Kobe_Teeth

Re: LR changes after prep test 39

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 am

The LSAT, especially the LR's, sorta makes these clever subtle shifts about every 8-12 tests. Its to keep people on their toes. I noticed every time I went through one these my score would go down and then I would adjust.

I have no data to prove this. I'm just saying, about every 8-12 tests the LR's would start to throw me off and when I reviewed I would notice new mistakes that I hadn't made before, as in I felt like the clever little bastards at LSAC who were thinking of new ways to trick indeed had found more new ways to trick me.

But again, this evidence is anecdotal.

lawchampion

Postby lawchampion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:58 am

cord wrote:This is what I noticed, and for me , these changes were very significant. I went from -4 - -6 LR, to -8 on each section.

Does LR change again after Preptest 50? I decided to reschedule for Oct because I had been only focusing on LR / LG , and when I hit prep test 40+ , my LR gains diminished significantly due to the changes above.

I think so too. It is not necessarily make it more difficult, but makes a need for some sort of readjustment.

stintez

Postby stintez » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 pm

lawchampion wrote:
cord wrote:This is what I noticed, and for me , these changes were very significant. I went from -4 - -6 LR, to -8 on each section.

I think so too. It is not necessarily make it more difficult, but makes a need for some sort of readjustment.

+1

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:The LSAT, especially the LR's, sorta makes these clever subtle shifts about every 8-12 tests. Its to keep people on their toes. I noticed every time I went through one these my score would go down and then I would adjust.

I have no data to prove this. I'm just saying, about every 8-12 tests the LR's would start to throw me off and when I reviewed I would notice new mistakes that I hadn't made before, as in I felt like the clever little bastards at LSAC who were thinking of new ways to trick indeed had found more new ways to trick me.

But again, this evidence is anecdotal.

Yeah, they definitely do a great job at this. The reason for it is to try to minimize the impact of "Beat the LSAT" courses, since the test is meant to judge aptitude and not quality of preparation.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”