Anyone else in my position?

Oblivion_08

Anyone else in my position?

Postby Oblivion_08 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 pm

You are not where you want to be right now(With Practice Testing) and you are considering taking it in October(LOL I know there are a lot of you)

What I am wondering is can anyone help me find another course to take? I took Kaplan and I did not like it. What is the best course to take, Princeton, Testmasters, Powerscore?

Help me please!!

JWicker10

Re: Anyone else in my position?

Postby JWicker10 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Take TestMasters

If that doesn't work for your schedule, take Blueprint or Powerscore.

dominkay

Postby dominkay » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Testmasters all the way. Robin Singh is an effing genius.

JWicker10

Postby JWicker10 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Very true, he basically invented the modern way of studying for the LSAT.

He started with Kaplan and then decided to improve upon their course and started his own.

He also sued Blueprint for stealing his test materials. He found out they were using his stuff by employing a mole in the Blueprint organization-pretty hilarious.

mjs92983

Postby mjs92983 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm

acetestprep.com

D-ROCCA

Postby D-ROCCA » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 pm

TestMasters, Blueprint, and Powerscore are generally considered to be the most helpful classes. However, as most people on TLS will say, if you are truly disciplined then self studying will prepare you just as well (if not better), with the added bonus of not costing >$1000. IMO, following PithyPike's study schedule is your best bet, and if you really need one-on-one explanations try a personal tutor in your area.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Self-study is the best, especially if you are already PTing fairly high.

dominkay

Postby dominkay » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:07 pm

D-ROCCA wrote:TestMasters, Blueprint, and Powerscore are generally considered to be the most helpful classes. However, as most people on TLS will say, if you are truly disciplined then self studying will prepare you just as well (if not better), with the added bonus of not costing >$1000. IMO, following PithyPike's study schedule is your best bet, and if you really need one-on-one explanations try a personal tutor in your area.

"If you are truly disciplined" is a pretty big caveat.

I think a class coupled with or followed by intense self study is the best way to go. Classes are great because you get a tutor/mentor who can answer all your questions and is invested in helping you succeed. Also, taking practice tests in a room full of other people with an actual proctor is a really valuable experience.

In the long run, $1000 (or $1500) is not that much, especially if we're talking about a significant increase in your LSAT score (and thereby your earning potential).
Last edited by dominkay on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dominkay

Postby dominkay » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

JWicker10 wrote:Very true, he basically invented the modern way of studying for the LSAT.

He started with Kaplan and then decided to improve upon their course and started his own.

He also sued Blueprint for stealing his test materials. He found out they were using his stuff by employing a mole in the Blueprint organization-pretty hilarious.

Yeah, he is intensely litigious and really protective of his material, but with good reason.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”