How you feel about the Zen of 180's advice? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
doug_7506

New

How you feel about the Zen of 180's advice?

Post by doug_7506 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 pm

The reason I ask about the zen's advice was because he advises you take 10 test before you go back and correct yourself. Seems a little odd. Just wondering what everyone else thinks...

his website if you never heard of him.

http://www.zenof180.com/

MusicNutMeggie

Bronze

Re: How you feel about the Zen of 180's advice?

Post by MusicNutMeggie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:52 am

Since there are only so many actual released tests (as opposed to preptests created by Kaplan et al.), I think this is kind of silly; I found it most helpful in my studying (which raised my score 8 points) to review questions just after taking the test, so as to figure out which kinds of questions I was missing across tests, especially logic games. Just my $.02.

jwgraves2

New

Post by jwgraves2 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I didn't use the 10 test advice, but the free logic games pencast and LR approach (both on website) was more helpful than powerscore. (powerscore was terrific for fundamentals, but I plateaued around 172)

He uses a quanititative approach to the lsat that I appreciate as a finance professional.

JohnnyTrojan08

New

Post by JohnnyTrojan08 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:27 am

MusicNutMeggie wrote:I found it most helpful in my studying (which raised my score 8 points) to review questions just after taking the test, so as to figure out which kinds of questions I was missing across tests, especially logic games.
doug_7506 wrote:he advises you take 10 test before you go back and correct yourself. Seems a little odd.
To be clear, the "diagnosing" phase of 10 tests is exactly what Meggie was describing. Sorry if it was unclear, doug, but it definitely would be odd to take 10, five-section-PrepTests and not think about what you were missing!

The more thoughtful process of self-correcting is where you take what you learned from the diagnosing phase and really drill down into the why you're missing so many of "this type" and what your plan of attack to address that weakness should be. We've found that in order to really find out what your weaknesses are, it takes a larger sample size than people usually gather.

So, in short: the Zen system does not advocate just taking 10 tests over 5 weeks without thinking about them. We just expect you to do what people normally do--look over the ones you missed and/or found difficult--and then start collecting them into a meaningful system so you can be ready for the more unique parts of the Zen LSAT self-prep calendar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”