Should I take my final LSAT PT on Saturday, or just rest?

TOMaHULK

Should I take my final LSAT PT on Saturday, or just rest?

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Since I decided that taking PT after a 12 hour workday was bad (i.e. I was getting horrible scores afterwork and good scores while fresh on the weekend), I've been taking my PT's on the weekend and doing light studying after work.

I took my last PT on Monday (day off of work) and did fairly well (not my best/not my worst). I took PT 55, because I've been working through the 27-38 numbered PTs and wanted to work on the newest ones for prep on Monday.

Here's the question: Saturday will be my next day off work/day possible to do a final PT. Should I go ahead and knock this last test out on Saturday, with the hopes that a good PT score will thrust me through until Monday's test day? Or, try to take it semi easy on Sat, and not do a PT? Note: Already decided that on Sunday I'm doing nothing test related.

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

absolutazn87

Re: Should I take my final LSAT PT on Saturday, or just rest?

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm planning to do PT 58 on Saturday and rest on Sunday.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:11 pm

I would say definitely take the test Saturday. You can never take enough PTs. I'm with you on taking it easy on Sunday but I think Saturday you should try to replicate what's going to happen on Monday as much as possible. This is what I did before my LSAT. Wake up at the time you will wake up, eat what you plan to eat, etc. Then drive someplace you can take the test at, a library or something. Take a full test, including experimental, at the same time your LSAT will start. This helped me a lot to get ready for the real thing.

jaminben

Postby jaminben » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm

I don't know what you should do but, as for me I've been doing a PT everyday this week and have noticed my scores improving alot and i think its mostly due to the fact that i'm totally in the groove now and used to taking one so its not a big thing when i take another one.

so as for me I amd taking my last one on saturday around lunchtime, grading it, looking over what i got wrong and then i'm done studying.

so idk its up to you but, I'm taking my last on saturday i'm afriad two days without a pt will throw me off. but, thats me it might be the opposite for some.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:I would say definitely take the test Saturday. You can never take enough PTs. I'm with you on taking it easy on Sunday but I think Saturday you should try to replicate what's going to happen on Monday as much as possible. This is what I did before my LSAT. Wake up at the time you will wake up, eat what you plan to eat, etc. Then drive someplace you can take the test at, a library or something. Take a full test, including experimental, at the same time your LSAT will start. This helped me a lot to get ready for the real thing.

Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself.

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 pm

jaminben wrote:I don't know what you should do but, as for me I've been doing a PT everyday this week and have noticed my scores improving alot and i think its mostly due to the fact that i'm totally in the groove now and used to taking one so its not a big thing when i take another one.

Seconded! And now I'm superstitious about the foods I'm eating and what I do beforehand, etc., haha.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Think I'm going to hit the gym before the test too.

I generally get a highly PT score after a good workout. Think it help with my clarity and focus.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:15 pm

I'll be taking PT59 on Saturday. A full five-section test isn't very mentally or physically exhausting to me at this point, so I don't think it would burn me out or anything. And fitting one more PT in there can't do any harm.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:21 pm

I have been studying for nearly a year. I hate to be blunt, but Saturday aint going to make a difference. I would relax and get yourself into a good mind frame.

Unless you feel that you have to take one.

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:17 pm

are you a groove person? If so, just keep taking them.

I'm totally a groove person. I plan on taking 58 on saturday, and then relaxing on sunday, but I'll still do a couple LGs and an RC probably. On Monday I'll get up, do my normal routine, which will include an LG with breakfast and an RC after. I'll print out a few ?s and take them with me, do them an hour before the test.

I've been taking a test or 4 pacing sections for about a month now, and have done damn near every question. I have not experienced any sort of burn-out. If I was, I'd take a longer break.

Frankly, I'd think it would be better to take a full break Friday instead. Saturday take a test, if you shit the bed, take one you've done earlier on sunday, so that you'll artificially improve your score, but feel good about it.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:05 am

Remnantofisrael wrote: Saturday take a test, if you shit the bed, take one you've done earlier on sunday, so that you'll artificially improve your score, but feel good about it.

Strangely makes sense... :lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”