Reading Comp SPEED

smoneill88

Reading Comp SPEED

Postby smoneill88 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:16 am

Well, I'm very very happy with myself, I've been scoring well on my last few PT's, 174, 174, 175, HOWEVER, RC is my only consistently bad section...

The good news is (or at least I think it is good news...) I do get questions right if I get to them (for the most part, usually just -1 or -2 total from questions I get to). The problem is I usually have only 5 min for the last passage, and therefore quickly scan for the 1-liner questions, "define a term" question, get to those fast, and then try and pick apart pieces of the passage to get as many of the rest of the questions right as I can.

Anyone got techniques for speed? I tend to take some time on a few questions, but I usually end up getting them right in the end, so therefore I haven't really intentionally skipped any questions I find myself taking some time on. Do you think it is worth it to move on and maybe guess on those question that take a bit of time for me, and thus saving some time, or to keep working on them to get the extra point?

So basically, the main point of this post (HAHAHA....... FML) would be if you have any speed strategies would be greatly appreciated!!

YAY a few more days.
Thanks Kids!!!

bk1

Re: Reading Comp SPEED

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:19 am

Do the passages with the most questions first.

smoneill88

Re: Reading Comp SPEED

Postby smoneill88 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:54 pm

^^ Thank you, gonna try that today on some drills. BUMP for some more strategies.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”