skipping around in rc

jdhopeful11

skipping around in rc

Postby jdhopeful11 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:32 am

How do you guys feel about skipping potentially boring passages?? I find myself doing extraordinarily good when the passages interest me and extraordinarily bad when they don't...anyone else see a potential confidence booster if you do the more friendly looking passages first?

Rotor

Re: skipping around in rc

Postby Rotor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:41 am

andyman wrote:How do you guys feel about skipping potentially boring passages?? I find myself doing extraordinarily good when the passages interest me and extraordinarily bad when they don't...anyone else see a potential confidence booster if you do the more friendly looking passages first?
I skipped around but for a different reason. I'd scan the readings and did them in order of most questions to least questions. That way, if I got short on time, I was rushing the passage with the fewest questions (and thus limiting the damage). What I found was after going in this order, things seemed to go quicker and never really was pressed for time again. Cause/effect? Who knows, but my performance definitely improved.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 am

Rotor wrote:
andyman wrote:How do you guys feel about skipping potentially boring passages?? I find myself doing extraordinarily good when the passages interest me and extraordinarily bad when they don't...anyone else see a potential confidence booster if you do the more friendly looking passages first?
I skipped around but for a different reason. I'd scan the readings and did them in order of most questions to least questions. That way, if I got short on time, I was rushing the passage with the fewest questions (and thus limiting the damage). What I found was after going in this order, things seemed to go quicker and never really was pressed for time again. Cause/effect? Who knows, but my performance definitely improved.

Cool. Do you do this for LGs too?

Rotor

Postby Rotor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 am

andyman wrote:
Rotor wrote:

Cool. Do you do this for LGs too?

Yep, I did.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”