absence or cancel

northwood

absence or cancel

Postby northwood » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:48 pm

I missed the date to change the date for the june lsat. I have taken the lsat once before allready. The past few practice exams I have not been scoring well. Is it better to not show up for the test next monday, or to take it and cancel. I am planning on taking the test in October, and spending all summer long studying( buying the bibles and taking an online prep class- which one I am still unsure about)

Will an absence count towards one of my 3 tests that I can sign up for? I know a go and cancel does. I am thinking about saving hte december test as a backup and I do not want to "waste" a test.

Any ideas or suggestions is extremly appreciated. I am sweating bullets over this decision.

Is the december 2010 test too late to take in order to get into schools for fall 2011?

nycsoul87

Re: absence or cancel

Postby nycsoul87 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:52 pm

An absence will not count as one of your 3 shots in 2 years.

No, the december exam is not too late.

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Use the search feature -- there is a pretty extensive discussion on this website of your two options but if you are only worried about it counting towards the three attempts, then it is best to be absent.

December 2010 isnt too late to retake the LSAT, but I would shoot for the September/October sitting.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 pm

I agree with both replies so far.

The decision is not that big a deal - you really can't go wrong.

The 3-tests-in-2-years rule is one consideration, but it's not the only one.

If you've never canceled or taken before, you make want to take this exam as a dry run (take the opportunity to take a full-length PrepTest under real test conditions with real proctors).

I went through the pros and cons of various options for people in this situation here.

-Steve

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:I agree with both replies so far.

If you've never canceled or taken before, you make want to take this exam as a dry run (take the opportunity to take a full-length PrepTest under real test conditions with real proctors).

I went through the pros and cons of various options for people in this situation here.

-Steve

i have taken it once allready... I want to be fully confident when I take it... since an absence wont count as a test taking im going to skip it alltogether and go golfing instead

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Not sure of the real benefit. I felt terrible when I took the test and got two points better than any PT so far. Took one PT and felt great, got a 179. Took another and felt terrible about it and got a 175 (ridiculous curve. It was like fifteen, I think). took a third one, felt great, and got a 166. You can only prepare so much before you psych yourself out.

Or have others had better luck guessing their own scores?

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:45 am

northwood wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:I agree with both replies so far.

-Steve

i have taken it once allready... I want to be fully confident when I take it... since an absence wont count as a test taking im going to skip it alltogether and go golfing instead

Since you've already taken it before, that sounds like a good course of action. Enjoy, and be sure to dress appropriately.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:26 pm

okay.. thanks for the imput.. since i now have 4 plus months to study and prepare to get a 170+ on the October exam, are there any good study schedles out there to use? Any ideas about classes to take as well..

by the way.. had another practice round today... shot a 49 44 for a round of 93.... Lost only 1 golf balll and my drives were straight...... if I can get in this grove on the lsat... harvard or yale will have no choice but to offer me a full ride.... plus monthly living allowances( HA HA)

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Haha, great round today!

We're 18.5 weeks from the Oct exam. I have a bunch of study schedules, so you can pick whatever fits your needs best.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”