Anyone will practice at the test center prior to exam?

Philipsssssss

Anyone will practice at the test center prior to exam?

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:34 pm

1) Is anyone going to take a practice test at the test center (college, university, other) this week prior to the actual exam on Monday?

2) For those who already took a test once or twice, did it help to take a test at the actual test location?

Just curious...

OklahomasOK

Re: Anyone will practice at the test center prior to exam?

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Already practiced a couple sections in the exam room.

It helped to know the desks are pretty small. Other than that it did nothing but caused me to be more nervous.

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:49 pm

:shock:

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Flame? If not, get real. How are you ever going to function in the real world if you need to survey the size of your test center desk. I imagine being a lawyer will involve dealing with the unexpected.

berkeleykel06

Postby berkeleykel06 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:01 pm

People actually do this???

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 pm

If the test center is open for use I don't see how this is bad. This isn't to say you must practice by going to the test center, but if it is an option then why not? I try to get out of my house to take PT's, taking them at a coffee shop or the library so that I am used to a different surrounding than my house. Using the test center itself instead of the library is probably helpful if it is available as an option.

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 pm

I lived 5 minutes from my test center at a community college and the room was always open and quiet. So yes, I did a large amount of my studying there.

Philipsssssss

Postby Philipsssssss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:52 pm

I do all of my PT's in a classroom, with a LSAT proctor type voice from the computer.
Nevertheless, i will drive to the test center tomorrow, see how it is. Will take PT 58 there...

The drive is 40 minutes, but who cares, better know the environment and the best seat in the house.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:Flame? If not, get real. How are you ever going to function in the real world if you need to survey the size of your test center desk. I imagine being a lawyer will involve dealing with the unexpected.

I wasn't being an ass. I had been working my tests on a large library desk, had my test book beside the scantron. On the desks in the classroom I didn't have room to do this. I'm not trying to explain how the world is beating me down and trying to impose undue hardship upon me, although I could twist it into a personal statement...

After taking 30+ PT's on a certain desk, you get used to your surroundings. I've read stories about people having to use lap desks to take their LSAT on. If people are freaking out about what to eat, how to sleep, routines, etc... I think the desk you take the most important test of your life on is a big deal.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”