cell phone at test

Hey-O

Re: cell phone at test

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:21 pm

eandy wrote:Leave your phone in the car. If that is not an option, this is what you do.

There will be proctors for your test room, but there is also a big, head proctor. You give the phone to him or her. That way the phone never even goes into the test room. This is what we were told to do when I took the test.

Yeah, I gave my cell phone to the head proctor at the beginning of the test before we ever went into the testing room. I've taken the test twice and had no problem either time.

Bert

Re: cell phone at test

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:32 pm

eandy wrote:Leave your phone in the car. If that is not an option, this is what you do.

There will be proctors for your test room, but there is also a big, head proctor. You give the phone to him or her. That way the phone never even goes into the test room. This is what we were told to do when I took the test.

I doubt any proctor is going to want to accept personal responsibility for your phone, especially considering that the admissions ticket makes it very clear that phones are not allowed. If they do, good for you, but you should at least be prepared for the worst case scenario. When I took the LSAT last year at Pace, a couple people brought their phones to the test room (FWIW, the lead proctor person never interacted with anybody but the underling proctors). The underling proctor in my room asked those who brought their phones to make sure they were turned off and required anybody who checked their phone to put it in the hallway and read the "no cell phone rule." Some people bitched, the head proctor was called, and basically mandated that the phones be in the hall or each person's violation would be noted with LSAC. Everybody then complied (and some even ended up going home without their iphones).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”