Share Your LSAT Dreams and Nightmares

theZeigs

Share Your LSAT Dreams and Nightmares

Postby theZeigs » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey All,

I have had LSAT related dreams for the past week or so (writing in 6 days). I thought it would be funsies to have a thread where we share/analyze our dreams and laugh at how ridiculous we are.

Mine the other night:

Test was in what looked like a preschool room, with small round tables and small chairs built for 5 year-olds. Several takers sat around the table and started working on the exam, knowing there were adjacent rooms that also had other takers. The first section was LG and I froze for like 5 minutes, couldn't do anything. When I started working, I found that the test was a "makeup exam" (whatever that is) and that it was not the exam we were supposed to take. Everyone in the room stopped working on their tests and we contacted the proctor. While they were sorting it out, I went home to get something, but they had started again when I came back, were already maybe 10 minutes into the section (no one would tell me exactly how far). I don't remember beyond this besides thinking, "Now I have to take it in October" and running through all the consequences that would have.

bartleby

Re: Share Your LSAT Dreams and Nightmares

Postby bartleby » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm

I had a horrible nightmare a few days ago. Dreamed that I struggled through LR and RC in the first three sections. On returning from break, the fourth section was a science/engineering section where you had to draw pictures and write paragraphs.

In my dream I thought it could've been the experimental but then remembered the experimental has to come before break. Then I realized that I was F-ed because I couldn't even easily decided to retake it in October because I'd still have to deal with an engineering section...and I am unwilling to learn anything new at this point.

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:49 pm

I dreamed that the June exam was a new format that combined LG and LR. You don't even want to know.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

theZeigs wrote:Hey All,

I have had LSAT related dreams for the past week or so (writing in 6 days). I thought it would be funsies to have a thread where we share/analyze our dreams and laugh at how ridiculous we are.

Mine the other night:

Test was in what looked like a preschool room, with small round tables and small chairs built for 5 year-olds. Several takers sat around the table and started working on the exam, knowing there were adjacent rooms that also had other takers. The first section was LG and I froze for like 5 minutes, couldn't do anything. When I started working, I found that the test was a "makeup exam" (whatever that is) and that it was not the exam we were supposed to take. Everyone in the room stopped working on their tests and we contacted the proctor. While they were sorting it out, I went home to get something, but they had started again when I came back, were already maybe 10 minutes into the section (no one would tell me exactly how far). I don't remember beyond this besides thinking, "Now I have to take it in October" and running through all the consequences that would have.

Haha, I totally thought about making a thread like this. Same thing has been happening to me. I can't really remember them, I've had a couple good ones I wish I could remember to share.

quishiclocus

Postby quishiclocus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:41 pm

The last two nights I've had nightmares about not being able to figure out where to park or not being able to find the building after parking, probably because for the last two days I've been trying to figure out where to park.

The university I'm taking it at, their online parking services page says the only visitor lot is on the other side of campus, and their shuttle appears not to directly service either the visitor lot or the building it's in, although I may be reading the map wrong. I'm hoping to hear back from them tomorrow. But in the meantime, yeah. I woke up this morning in a cold sweat after a dream in which I realized it was 12:45pm and I was lost downtown after leaving at like 6am or something so I'd have plenty of time to get there.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm

I had a nightmare about a week ago. I was in the room, and I realized that I had forgotten my analog watch. I only had a digital one. Nobody had noticed it, though, so I set the timer (nobody noticed the beeping) and began the section. Then, about seven questions in, I looked to my right and noticed that the girl next to me hadn't started yet.

Suddenly it hit me. We hadn't been told to begin yet! I leaned over and begged the girl not to alert the proctors. I told her I would wait a few minutes after we'd been told to begin before I started answering questions again. She agreed.

Then the proctors were walking around, and I was trying to hide the fact that I had begun the section, etc. Needless to say, I breathed a sigh of relief when I woke up.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:54 pm

I dreamed I took the the test and got a perfect score but they switched the exam with another student and accused me of cheating.

robotdreams

Postby robotdreams » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 pm

I had a dream where I forgot to bring my ID info to the test and the Proctor wouldn't let me into the room. Then it got really ugly and he turned into this strange deformed creature. Luckily all I had were 3 really pointy pencils...

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:30 am

I keep having variations on the same dream.... having to take it in the middle of a frat party, everyone around me at the test center getting up and walking around the room and cheating, proctors up at the front having a poker tournament... it will be almost peaceful to take the real thing. I hope.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 am

I posted this in another thread, but I had a dream the other night that I missed my flight home and was therefore so delayed that I missed the LSAT. Now, while it is true that I am not currently in the city where I will be taking the exam, I am not flying but rather taking the train, trains run every hour or so, and I am traveling on Saturday, so even if I missed like 10 trains, I still would not miss the exam.

Still, stressful dream!

balzern

Postby balzern » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am

I had a dream that when I sat down to take the test, I had the answer key on my lap for the June 2010 test...I didn't know how it got there and didn't want to use it...I glanced at it, and as soon as I did, the proctor (literally in a marine uniform) glared at me and asked me how I got it. I said that I had no idea and woke up...strange.

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 am

I have many odd LSAT dreams, and about twice a week I wake up thinking my way through logic games. The one that's most disturbing to me is one in which I sit down on an LR section and go through like 3-4 questions then come to one I don't get, so I circle it and move on, then I don't get the next one, so I circle it and move on, until eventually I'm at the end of the section and I have 21 circled questions and I can't figure out where to start. This then happens on all the other sections and I get a 130 on the LSAT and everyone laughs at me.

I took PT 55 last night and for a while I thought my dream was coming true, that test was freaking ridiculous and had a pretty punishing curve on top of that. So now I'm kind of freaked out.

theZeigs

Postby theZeigs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:24 am

I had one last night that it was yesterday, the day before scores might be released, and I decided to retake the LSAT on that particular day. The test center was a big warehouse in the middle of the country that looked like it doubled as a barn. The proctor was this burly person (I can't remember if man or woman, just burly) with a huge Southern accent. I ended up being seated at a tiny desk with a tiny chair, like the desk they give to kindergarteners. I started with RC and for some reason was visualizing the passage as I read it, which was really distracting. It was about "sea lungs," some organism that lived at the bottom of the sea and converted food etc. into oxygen, creating a locally rich oxygen environment that made a mini ecosystem all around the "lung." For some reason, I couldn't read/visualize farther and just sat there, defeated, ready to cancel. With about 10 mins left in the section, I got my nerves and started working, but realized I had no shot of finishing.

At this point, I realized that I would have whatever score came out (maybe today?) in addition to an immediate cancel, which I would have to explain to LS. The only explanation I could come up with on the spot was that I was so nervous that I had to do another LSAT.

Eventually, I started to figure out that there was no way this could happen, that LSAC would allow people waiting for their score to take another test...unless they were taking it in Asia. I realized that indeed, I was not in Asia, and this whole thought process is what I think woke me up. That and I had to pee.

While in the bathroom, half asleep, I thought of a problem which I couldn't figure out was on both a PT and the June exam, or just one of the PTs. The answer choices had something about "painting a room bright colors" as a parallel reasoning question. I know this was on one of the PTs, but does anyone remember if this stimulus or answer choice was represented on the June exam? The more I overcome my sleep inertia, the less I think that this was part of the June exam.

SouthernMagnolia

Postby SouthernMagnolia » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 am

I had a nightmare last night that I opened the e-mail and saw that my score was a 141. I woke up panting, and my heart was racing. It was like something from a bad movie.

Burgstaller04

Postby Burgstaller04 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 am

I dreamed that scores only came via mail (the horror, I know). I opened mine and it said 153. In denial, I flipped the page over and it said 179. I have no idea which one was right, but it was either terrifying or the coolest thing ever.

melakar

Postby melakar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:06 am

Two nights ago, I dreamt the document icons on LSAC page changed to PDF files. When I went to open them, orange juice spilled on my keypad and my computer turned into a dinosaur. I should note my son is in the midst of his dinosaur phase and we watched Jurassic Park before going to bed that night.

My other nightly LSAT dreams always involve a flashing 168.

ebl1014

Postby ebl1014 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 am

I had a dream last night that they were releasing the scores question by question, via section. So I sat on the LSAC website hitting "refresh" to find it creeping up by percentage points ("90% graded, 2 wrong.... 95% graded, 3 wrong..."). Let me tell you, we should all be thankful that they don't do it that way. I woke up sweating... a lot.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”