Stuck in LR

charlee03

Stuck in LR

Postby charlee03 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:08 pm

I just found this site and I have to say you guys are super helpful. I wish I would have found it sooner. I"m taking the LSAT in T-7 days and I have been taking practice tests from 30 all the way to June 2009 and on with a friend who is a private tutor and I jumped from a 141 to low 160s or so and I can't get pass getting more than 19 correct LR questions! It's like I'm stuck making the same stupid mistakes!!!! Do you all have any tips or so for these last few remaining days?

bartleby

Re: Stuck in LR

Postby bartleby » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Best thing I ever did was find out what type of questions you are missing. On any given test, it can be evenly dispersed, but over the course of several LR sections, you should have a feel for what slows you down / what you miss the most.

Then re-read LR section in Bible and drill those.

brickman

Re: Stuck in LR

Postby brickman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:24 am

charlee03 wrote:I just found this site and I have to say you guys are super helpful. I wish I would have found it sooner. I"m taking the LSAT in T-7 days and I have been taking practice tests from 30 all the way to June 2009 and on with a friend who is a private tutor and I jumped from a 141 to low 160s or so and I can't get pass getting more than 19 correct LR questions! It's like I'm stuck making the same stupid mistakes!!!! Do you all have any tips or so for these last few remaining days?

review every single question and right out exactly why an answer choice is right and why all other options or wrong. This can and should be a subtle process, for the questions that you are getting wrong may have answer choices that some may say are only slightly different. Make yourself aware of these differences so they become obvious so that you can avoid them in the future.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”