Score dropped, should I be worried? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
christinalsat

Bronze

Score dropped, should I be worried?

Post by christinalsat » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:28 am

For the past several weeks, I've been consistently scoring in the low to mid 170s. This weekend however, my score fluctuated big time:

Dec 09: 169
Dec 06: 174
Sept 09: 167

I am sort of freaked out because 167 is the lowest I've scored during the last month of my studying and it inconveniently happened the week before the test. Definitely a confidence killer at the very least. LG and RC were what hurt me on both.

Also, as a side note, I originally started studying for the Feb lsat, so I have been taking a lot of tests for a second time. Dec and Sept were two tests that I had not previously seen (so was Sept 08 though, and I got 175). I'm totally paranoid that I have only been scoring so high because I remember the exam, though honestly when I am taking old tests only the RC is (vaguely) familiar and I rarely remember actual answers. Anyone have this experience with re-taking tests? How accurately did they predict your actual score?

And has anyone else dipped down like this so soon before the test? How do I get my confidence back up? Right now I'm a bit rattled.

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Re: Score dropped, should I be worried?

Post by BigFatPanda » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 am

christinalsat wrote:For the past several weeks, I've been consistently scoring in the low to mid 170s. This weekend however, my score fluctuated big time:

Dec 09: 169
Dec 06: 174
Sept 09: 167

I am sort of freaked out because 167 is the lowest I've scored during the last month of my studying and it inconveniently happened the week before the test. Definitely a confidence killer at the very least. LG and RC were what hurt me on both.

Also, as a side note, I originally started studying for the Feb lsat, so I have been taking a lot of tests for a second time. Dec and Sept were two tests that I had not previously seen (so was Sept 08 though, and I got 175). I'm totally paranoid that I have only been scoring so high because I remember the exam, though honestly when I am taking old tests only the RC is (vaguely) familiar and I rarely remember actual answers. Anyone have this experience with re-taking tests? How accurately did they predict your actual score?

And has anyone else dipped down like this so soon before the test? How do I get my confidence back up? Right now I'm a bit rattled.
I took each of LSAT 52-59 three times and i was scoring between 166-172 consistently. Ended up with a 166 on the actual LSAT.

THe only thing bad about taking the same LSAT multiple times is that you would start remembering the games and those questions you answered wrong on your previous attempts. Other than that, by taking older LSATs in between retakes, they are still pretty good warm-up on your way to the real deal.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”