Different Levels of Alertness during PTs

lsat_doobie

Different Levels of Alertness during PTs

Postby lsat_doobie » Mon May 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Does anyone else find it really frustrating that on some days you can slay PTs and grasp almost every question thrown at you, but on other days you just feel so much slower and you're unable to retain information efficiently? I don't think it's a question of sleep or being burnt out because I've done several tests in the past few weeks, all well rested and spaced out. I just find that on some days I'm just not as sharp when I approach the sections. On other days, it's no problem at all. I'm averaging at high 165+ now, but there are a few times when I score 157-161 randomly. It's really frustrating and hard to explain.

Re: Different Levels of Alertness during PTs

Postby 09042014 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Caffeine 45 minutes before the PT. Make it 200mg.

alphagamma

Postby alphagamma » Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm

That's certainly a problem. The trick is to learn how to make yourself alert and sharp during the test no matter how you feel before you begin. I find that taking a few moments before the test to pump myself up, etc. really helps. It's all about being great--even on your off days.

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Mon May 31, 2010 5:30 pm

alphagamma wrote:That's certainly a problem. The trick is to learn how to make yourself alert and sharp during the test no matter how you feel before you begin. I find that taking a few moments before the test to pump myself up, etc. really helps. It's all about being great--even on your off days.

Exactly.

I've had the most luck with deep breathing exercises before the test and in between sections. And a little caffeine a few hours before the test (ice tea is my preference). I took one test right after having a bunch of caffeine, got jittery , bombed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”