Cost of books and practice tests

Canarsie

Cost of books and practice tests

Postby Canarsie » Mon May 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Hello everyone! I'm starting to study for the October LSAT. I've read a lot of great information on how to prep and which books are considered better than others. Now I realize law school is incredibly expensive and it's 100% worth it to pay for the books now to get the better score later, but I was wondering if there are any ways to get the same prep with less cost. I will not be doing a course.

My local library has one of the More LSAT Tests books, but I don't know if it makes sense to use the library book as opposed to owning. And I could make copies but I wonder if the ink and paper would be more expensive than the actual books. I am not opposed to buying used but am not sure where to start.

If you have any experience with this matter please let me know. I want the best score possible but hopefully on a bit of a budget. Thanks a lot and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

mcflooter06

Re: Cost of books and practice tests

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:30 pm

http://www.half.com and Amazon are great places to start, you can find tons of prep material for a really great price for new/like new. I also found the Half Price Books store to have a lot of prep material that was unused and very cheap. I would recommend buying PTs, which you can order on LSAC.org, but there are a good deal of them on Half also.

Canarsie

Re: Cost of books and practice tests

Postby Canarsie » Mon May 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks a lot. I just hopped over to half.com (where I buy my college textbooks actually!) and saw some good deals. I think this might be the way to go, and hopefully I can resell when done.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”