Master the Logical Reasoning Sections

Go2LawSchool2011

Master the Logical Reasoning Sections

Postby Go2LawSchool2011 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:54 am

Hey all, I been study the LSAT for months now and I just do not understand the LR sections. It is fraustrating to study and not get the answers. I know the type of the LRs and I know the defination by heart, but whenever I do the question I constantly get it wrong even if I narrow down to two question, which happen frequently, I always pick the wrong answer. Part of my problem is I have hard time understand the stimulus and the other part is to understand the answer choices. English is my second language and I am trying to understand the test, I have used the powerscore books and taken kaplan prep class but I am not getting through the LR sections. If any have any advices, please share. Thank you! And GOOD LUCK studying for the June Exam.

d34d9823

Re: Master the Logical Reasoning Sections

Postby d34d9823 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:58 am

Not to be insensitive, but I think your results may be affected by your ESL background. Performing at a high level on the LSAT requires a grasp of English that is not common even among native speakers. Success in law school is similar, I imagine.

Because of this, law could be a tough field for you. If you are set on it, I would try to get to a high level of fluency.

Go2LawSchool2011

Postby Go2LawSchool2011 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 am

I know what you are saying, but i increase 24 pts since the first practice test I took, I am getting to the point understand the test but I am missing something to make my brain tick.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon May 31, 2010 2:14 am

Hi, fellow ESLer here:

How good is your english? Do you live in America (or other english speaking country) now? If so how many years have you lived here?

borntokill

Postby borntokill » Mon May 31, 2010 8:02 am

if you can't understand the stimulus, no matter how familiar the question type looks to you, you wont be able to score.
if i were you, i would try to figure out how to understand the stimulus first.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”