Do Proctors Really Give 15-minute Breaks?

PLATONiC

Do Proctors Really Give 15-minute Breaks?

Postby PLATONiC » Sun May 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Or do they just give you ten minutes and it takes another five minutes for them to "pass out" the exam material again?

smoneill88

Re: Do Proctors Really Give 15-minute Breaks?

Postby smoneill88 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Yes, there is a full 15 minute break after the 3rd section, and it usually takes till 18-20 to get the test started again. Make sure you take a PT with this break, because it gets your brain out of the zone and you have to learn to keep focused during the break in order to keep logical train of thought moving.

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Sun May 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks man - I was afraid that I'm doing it all wrong by actually taking full fifteen minute breaks... :D

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Sun May 30, 2010 10:54 pm

smoneill88 wrote:Yes, there is a full 15 minute break after the 3rd section, and it usually takes till 18-20 to get the test started again. Make sure you take a PT with this break, because it gets your brain out of the zone and you have to learn to keep focused during the break in order to keep logical train of thought moving.

I'm not exactly sure what you're meaning to say with your second sentence, but if you're saying take a practice test to work in during the break, I couldn't disagree more. First of all, I can't imagine you'd get away with taking one in with you. And you just don't want to tire your brain out in a fairly grueling test.

During the break, which is a full 15-minute break, just use the bathroom, eat some almonds or something, and relax.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sun May 30, 2010 11:24 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
smoneill88 wrote:Yes, there is a full 15 minute break after the 3rd section, and it usually takes till 18-20 to get the test started again. Make sure you take a PT with this break, because it gets your brain out of the zone and you have to learn to keep focused during the break in order to keep logical train of thought moving.

I'm not exactly sure what you're meaning to say with your second sentence, but if you're saying take a practice test to work in during the break, I couldn't disagree more. First of all, I can't imagine you'd get away with taking one in with you. And you just don't want to tire your brain out in a fairly grueling test.

During the break, which is a full 15-minute break, just use the bathroom, eat some almonds or something, and relax.

I had the same reaction - and then I realized he/she meant that when you practice taking timed tests, you do it with a regular 15 minute break.

smoneill88

Postby smoneill88 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:41 pm

sorry for awk. sentence structure, but yes ^^^ take practice tests with a full 15 min break between the 3rd and 4th section. Good god do NOT bring a PT with you to do during the 15min break on the actual lsat lol. Just keep to yourself, learn to stay within your own head, don't talk to anyone, stay in the zone, and then just go back in with as much of the adrenaline and thought processing power you had at the end of the 3rd section.

honestabe84

Postby honestabe84 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:47 pm

I don't know that it makes any difference to you, but my proctor only gave us 10 mins.

Bert

Postby Bert » Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm

I think we only had a 10 minute break.

pinkzeppelin

Postby pinkzeppelin » Mon May 31, 2010 5:47 pm

dutchstriker wrote:

LOL please, someone do this. Ultimate gunner tactic...every bit of practice helps, amirite?!

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Mon May 31, 2010 5:52 pm

PLATONiC wrote:Thanks man - I was afraid that I'm doing it all wrong by actually taking full fifteen minute breaks... :D

Wow, if you are actually worried about that...you have a lot to learn.

pinkzeppelin

Postby pinkzeppelin » Mon May 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Columbia Law wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:Thanks man - I was afraid that I'm doing it all wrong by actually taking full fifteen minute breaks... :D

Wow, if you are actually worried about that...you have a lot to learn.

Idk. I would say this is about average neuroticism for TLS.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”