The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby Ginj » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:40 pm

It is done.

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby applepiecrust » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Retaking after the October 2010 test.
Haven't started re-prepping though. Is it too late? :(

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby Pleasye » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:19 pm

applepiecrust wrote:Retaking after the October 2010 test.
Haven't started re-prepping though. Is it too late? :(

Depends how much you prepped for October and how much you want to improve?

Also, come post in this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141189

w.ftw
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby w.ftw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:56 pm

For those that are taking the LSAT this feb, are you guys planning on applying for fall admission this cycle?

This is why I am retaking it. What school will still be taking apps by the time scores are released?

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 am

Hi all! Taking February 2011, applying for 2012 cycle. I started studying in July and have been fairly continuous since then. My study hours per week have decreased quite a bit but I think I'm at the point when only PTs will help. Starting in January will take three PTs a week until the test. Hurray!

Diagnostic was 156 and am now PTing between 169-173, hoping to get that up to at least 176 to account for nerves on test day. Good luck all!

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby Pleasye » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:46 pm

elibrarian wrote:Hi all! Taking February 2011, applying for 2012 cycle. I started studying in July and have been fairly continuous since then. My study hours per week have decreased quite a bit but I think I'm at the point when only PTs will help. Starting in January will take three PTs a week until the test. Hurray!

Diagnostic was 156 and am now PTing between 169-173, hoping to get that up to at least 176 to account for nerves on test day. Good luck all!

Come post in the thread I posted above!

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby vissidarte27 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Is anybody else going back and forth between "I'm gonna kick this tests' ASS!!!" and "Oh man, this test is gonna kick my ass..."?

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:49 pm

w.ftw wrote:For those that are taking the LSAT this feb, are you guys planning on applying for fall admission this cycle?

This is why I am retaking it. What school will still be taking apps by the time scores are released?


People don't usually decide which law school to attend simply based upon which schools are still taking applications at the end of the cycle. Are you really in that much of a rush to attend law school this fall?

Many law schools still take applications (and application fee $) from February test-takers (who get scores back around the 1st week of March).

However, this doesn't necessarily mean that most of the people applying that late in the cycle still have a decent shot.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 am

I am in for this LSAT. Anyone taking it at Cal Western in SD?

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby motiontodismiss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 am

vissidarte27 wrote:Is anybody else going back and forth between "I'm gonna kick this tests' ASS!!!" and "Oh man, this test is gonna kick my ass..."?


More often than you could possibly imagine. Esp since now my PT scores for the last 4 tests have been stuck at 166.

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby vissidarte27 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:04 am

risktaker wrote:I am in for this LSAT. Anyone taking it at Cal Western in SD?


I am. I've heard good things about Cal Western, and I'm hoping the environment will facilitate a good score. Woo.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:09 am

haha, think I told you about it. Good luck! Where are you PT'ing at so far? Are you trying to apply this cycle or next?

User avatar
vissidarte27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby vissidarte27 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:22 am

risktaker wrote:haha, think I told you about it. Good luck! Where are you PT'ing at so far? Are you trying to apply this cycle or next?


I think you did. Thanks!

My PTs range from 168-174. Closer to the lower end of the spectrum, though I'm hoping to fix my LR and tip the scales the other way. Shooting for a 170 in Feb.

I'm applying next cycle, probably ED.

What about you?

User avatar
jpSartre
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 am

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby jpSartre » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:55 am

LSAT Blog wrote:
w.ftw wrote:For those that are taking the LSAT this feb, are you guys planning on applying for fall admission this cycle?

This is why I am retaking it. What school will still be taking apps by the time scores are released?


People don't usually decide which law school to attend simply based upon which schools are still taking applications at the end of the cycle. Are you really in that much of a rush to attend law school this fall?

Many law schools still take applications (and application fee $) from February test-takers (who get scores back around the 1st week of March).

However, this doesn't necessarily mean that most of the people applying that late in the cycle still have a decent shot.


This post was primarily addressed towards "Those that are taking the LSAT this feb." You're presumably not, because you're an old.

The only advice not being solicited from that group was "What school will still be taking apps by the time scores are released?" You neglected to answer this question.

Why did you think they wanted you to interfere in their life with your irrelevant advice? Are you some kind of missionary?

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:01 am

I haven't taken a PT since I was studying for the Oct 10 test, but I was PT'ing in the 165-170 range. I have used up all LSAT material out there so I will most likely re-do a couple PT's including Oct 10 one and hope that the Dec 10 test comes out before the Feb test, so I can test with some new material. I am applying this cycle, but that might change if I improve drastically from my previous score of 157. I would rather not sit out another year, but if I get a 169 or higher, I might end up doing that. Test nerves did me in last time and I am seeing the doctor to get beta-blockers for this test, so hopefully my score improves a lot.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby Pleasye » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm

jpSartre wrote:This post was primarily addressed towards "Those that are taking the LSAT this feb." You're presumably not, because you're an old.

The only advice not being solicited from that group was "What school will still be taking apps by the time scores are released?" You neglected to answer this question.

Why did you think they wanted you to interfere in their life with your irrelevant advice? Are you some kind of missionary?

This is a fucking FORUM people give advice all the time dude. Also, LSAT Blog is a VERY well respected and VERY helpful poster on these forums and you're being nasty and disrespectful towards him for no reason. He just gave some really good advice that many people do not take into account and should consider.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: The Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:20 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
jpSartre wrote:This post was primarily addressed towards "Those that are taking the LSAT this feb." You're presumably not, because you're an old.

The only advice not being solicited from that group was "What school will still be taking apps by the time scores are released?" You neglected to answer this question.

Why did you think they wanted you to interfere in their life with your irrelevant advice? Are you some kind of missionary?

This is a fucking FORUM people give advice all the time dude. Also, LSAT Blog is a VERY well respected and VERY helpful poster on these forums and you're being nasty and disrespectful towards him for no reason. He just gave some really good advice that many people do not take into account and should consider.


Don't mind him, he was either having a shitty day or a stick up his ass had penetrated him deeper as he wrote not just an unnecessarily critical but also unhelpful post.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Tazewell and 2 guests