Prep Test 40 LG #2

User avatar
confusedlawyer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby confusedlawyer » Sat May 29, 2010 7:59 pm

How do you guys tackle In/out logic games? I always find myself wasting time doing hypotheticals

mz253
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby mz253 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:04 pm

i usually draw a long chain, linking everything together. guaranteed to work. can solve everything less than 8 minutes.

Shrimps
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby Shrimps » Sat May 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Are we on the same page? PT40 Game 2? Cold medications? There are two hypos only, really: one starts with FL, the other with GL. The second hypo must have I, so it's GL..I.. It cannot have H (H before G if both), and it cannot have M, which would require the presence of both F and H. Thus, the only two medications that are left are K and F. Thus, if G is the top ranked medication, we know all five: G, L, (I, K..F).

The first hypo (FL..I..) can have M, H, and G two fill the other two spots.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby Notor » Sat May 29, 2010 8:15 pm

So glad I don't have to do any of this anymore

User avatar
confusedlawyer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby confusedlawyer » Sat May 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Shrimps wrote:Are we on the same page? PT40 Game 2? Cold medications? There are two hypos only, really: one starts with FL, the other with GL. The second hypo must have I, so it's GL..I.. It cannot have H (H before G if both), and it cannot have M, which would require the presence of both F and H. Thus, the only two medications that are left are K and F. Thus, if G is the top ranked medication, we know all five: G, L, (I, K..F).

The first hypo (FL..I..) can have M, H, and G two fill the other two spots.


I understand where I went wrong I think, I neglected to write out the contrapositive (if no F no M. If no H no M). That could have saved me a lot of time even though I only got one wrong (Which one must be included-->F). Thanks for the reply

User avatar
confusedlawyer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby confusedlawyer » Sat May 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Notor wrote:So glad I don't have to do any of this anymore


I envy you Eazy E

User avatar
confusedlawyer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby confusedlawyer » Sat May 29, 2010 9:04 pm

mz253 wrote:i usually draw a long chain, linking everything together. guaranteed to work. can solve everything less than 8 minutes.

Can you elaborate please?

mz253
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Prep Test 40 LG #2

Postby mz253 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 am

well, i create a diagram as expansive as possible... try to put every condition in one or two chains (if possible), something like a network. i wouldn't write contrapositive. i feel it's more confusing trying to find some elements in numerous if-then conditions. so when i do the question, i just refer to the "network", trying to trace the chain. sometimes go to the right direction, sometimes go to the left (contrapositive), is it clear?

well, i guess all i wanted to say is try to create a simple set-up in case you will confuse yourself. because i find under time pressure, it's easy to confuse myself if i have a very complicated set up.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, cherrygalore, Lahtso Nuggin, unsweetened, VMars and 14 guests