Miscellaneous Questions

brickman

Miscellaneous Questions

Postby brickman » Sat May 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Please feel free to offer help with any or all, but please not neither. :)

Thanks a bunch in advance, I am truly appreciative.

Edit: I've added the page number for the games which appear in the book entitled "The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests"

First,

PrepTest 29 game 2 (Page 33) posed a problem to me, I wasn't sure if there were any significant inferences to make that would have made this game any easier.
Edit: I did a brute force of this game this afternoon, turns out there are only 4 possible H/J combos for 1 and 4 possible H/J combos for 2. Still not sure if there is an easier way to do this.

Next,

What would the contrapositive of this statement look like:

If Fleure left any message, Pasquale and Theodore did also, all of Pasquale's preceding any of Theodore's.

Next,

PrepTest 31 game 2 (Page 85) seemed like it had an enormous amount of conditional statements to handle (seems to be a common theme in grouping games). The only truly significant inference that I got from the game was that the presence of any type of rap excluded any type of jazz or soul. It was a good limiting inference, but I wasn't sure if there were any others.

Next,

PrepTest 31 game 4 (Page 87) seemed very confusing and hard, I did well on it by sheer luck and didn't particularly understand it.

Next,

What would the contrapositive of this statement look like:

If both French plays are selected, then the Russian play is not selected.

Would it just look like: Rp -> Fp <--/--> Fp?

Next,

PrepTest 34 game 4 (Page 213) had a sizable number of complicated conditional statements, any suggestions out there how to deal with this (or do I simply need to keep studying?)?

Lastly,

What would the conditional as well as the contrapositive of this statement look like:

If the stand carries watermelons, then it carries figs or tangerines or both.

brickman

Re: Miscellaneous Questions

Postby brickman » Sun May 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Bump, I added the page number for the questions to make it easier for those who would potentially help me.

The conditional statements are also very accessible, just not to me...yet.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”