Accommodations

e10

Accommodations

Postby e10 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Last summer when I contacted LSAC regarding accommodations they told me that I would need to be tested again because my previous testing was not done within the last 3 years. At that time I was unable to get an appt anywhere and went ahead and took the September LSAT, did horribly, and then went to take the December LSAT to only improve 1 pt.

I took a testmasters course last summer and studied after work every second i got. however, apparently the LSAT score is everything and a 3.5 GPA does not matter as I have been rejected to every school I applied to from tier 2 to tier 4.

Anyways, I am undergoing a psychological evaluation now and have spoken with some of the counselors at schools i applied to who said i am making the right choice by doing this. However, I am just nervous I wont be granted the extra time I need.

If anyone has gone through the process of receiving accommodations, any advice would be appreciated.

thank you.

honestabe84

Re: Accommodations

Postby honestabe84 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:50 pm

e10 wrote:Last summer when I contacted LSAC regarding accommodations they told me that I would need to be tested again because my previous testing was not done within the last 3 years. At that time I was unable to get an appt anywhere and went ahead and took the September LSAT, did horribly, and then went to take the December LSAT to only improve 1 pt.

I took a testmasters course last summer and studied after work every second i got. however, apparently the LSAT score is everything and a 3.5 GPA does not matter as I have been rejected to every school I applied to from tier 2 to tier 4.

Anyways, I am undergoing a psychological evaluation now and have spoken with some of the counselors at schools i applied to who said i am making the right choice by doing this. However, I am just nervous I wont be granted the extra time I need.

If anyone has gone through the process of receiving accommodations, any advice would be appreciated.

thank you.

For what I understand, it's no easy to get an accommodation. There was this massive discussion/argument on this very subject, and many posters mentioned how you can't simply have ADD or something and expect double time.

e10

Re: Accommodations

Postby e10 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:12 pm

I know its not easy and I am not requesting accommodations for ADD, I have a learning disability and did have an IEP/ received services and extended time in the past.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”