Superprep

bostonlawchick

Superprep

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri May 28, 2010 9:07 pm

For those of you that used the superprep book, did it help you out a lot? I just bought it the other day, I'm wondering if it's too late in the game to get any benefit from it. I've been testing in the mid 170s with some dips into the high 160s. Did seeing the explanations help you? My test prep has been pretty haphazard, so I only have two more tests in the 50s left to take. Any thoughts on the book would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

DGLitcH

Re: Superprep

Postby DGLitcH » Fri May 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Most people use it for LSAC's explanations. If you are scoring around the 170s, it probably wouldn't have too much extra value other than being 3 extra tests for you to do.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sat May 29, 2010 12:45 pm

The original book I bought was the Kaplan Advantage which I thought was much simpler and easier to read. After going through that I bought the super prep and I didn't even finish reading all the info. It goes a little more in depth but I didn't find it much more helpful. Its dense and boring.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Sun May 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Yeah, SuperPrep isn't really written in an engaging manner. I wish they put it in video format and mixed in a Dave Chappelle skit every few minutes. (Seriously...that would be awesome.)

It's just all about the facts...BUT...just because it's dense and written in a boring manner doesn't necessarily mean it's not worthwhile or that you wouldn't benefit from reading it if you put in the time.

What's better for your LSAT prep - dense and boring, or fluff and entertaining? I wish LSAC made SuperPrep fact-filled AND hilarious, but no dice thus far.

-Steve

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Mon May 31, 2010 2:16 am

As Kaplan taught me, thats a false dilemma. There are prep books that are engaging and very informative. Unfortunately, superprep fails when it comes to the former.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 am

itseightfortyfive wrote:As Kaplan taught me, thats a false dilemma. There are prep books that are engaging and very informative. Unfortunately, superprep fails when it comes to the former.

+1. Kaplan gets knocked around here, but I found it to be pretty good.

shoop

Postby shoop » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:58 am

Superprep's explanations for the LGs are even worse than the explanations for LR in Kaplan Mastery.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”