PT 59 (Dec. 2009) Reading Comp

jamlip

PT 59 (Dec. 2009) Reading Comp

Postby jamlip » Fri May 28, 2010 5:40 pm

I took PT 59 today and fared pretty well - 168, but completely blew it on RC and got -9 (worst I've ever done on RC). Did anyone else think this RC section was particularly difficult? Especially the one about the stupid sculpture, I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around it.

autarkh

Re: PT 59 (Dec. 2009) Reading Comp

Postby autarkh » Fri May 28, 2010 5:46 pm

jamlip wrote:I took PT 59 today and fared pretty well - 168, but completely blew it on RC and got -9 (worst I've ever done on RC). Did anyone else think this RC section was particularly difficult? Especially the one about the stupid sculpture, I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around it.

Maybe. The -14 curve indicates that this was a particularly hard test by recent standards.

I can offer some anecdotes: after I got out of the testing center, I overheard people complaining about that passage. Same thing when I came on here. It had a question about metal sculpture and which kind of building materials were most analogous, right?

I didn't find the reading particularly hard. But RC is my best section, so take that with a grain of salt. I absolutely bombed the games though (-9).
Last edited by autarkh on Fri May 28, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyhead817

Re: PT 59 (Dec. 2009) Reading Comp

Postby monkeyhead817 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:48 pm

jamlip wrote:I took PT 59 today and fared pretty well - 168, but completely blew it on RC and got -9 (worst I've ever done on RC). Did anyone else think this RC section was particularly difficult? Especially the one about the stupid sculpture, I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around it.

PT 59 reading comp is easily the hardest RC section I've done. I took the December test and am reasonably sure that that section made the curve. Everyone was freaking out about it. I just hope there isn't one as bad in two weeks...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”