LSAT as a Freshman in College (due to prep time availability

itseightfortyfive

Re: LSAT as a Freshman in College (due to prep time availability

Postby itseightfortyfive » Sat May 29, 2010 1:59 pm

senslogine wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Seriouslym though, dude, I take it you're 18/19? I understand that you have a fire under your ass to do well in life and be successful, and that's great. That being said, you have a limited number of years left in your life where it's acceptable for you to act like an 18-21 year old. This is an ideal time to get a job waiting tables (or something similar), party, chase girls and expand your consciousness with any number of mind altering chemicals. You can do all these things and still achieve the same level of success you seek. This will actually be healthy and probably make you a more well rounded person that you would be otherwise.

Agreed. How much do you think Biglaw Partners would be willing to pay if they could relive one year between senior year of high school and the end of college? You don't get your youth back. Don't seriously injure yourself, don't get arrested, and don't get anyone pregnant. Other than that, just let the good times roll.

I realize I'm in the minority, but the 'wild youth' thing doesn't and has never appealed to me. I can have fun, and do regularly, but prefer it in the form of LAN parties and D&D, thanks.

ohhh, this was me at your age.... don't worry, college will teach you that sometimes a keystone and a frat house basement is your bestfriend. And your serious boyfriend will eventually stab you in the back and you'll rethink that whole thing.

Trust me, listen to what everyone is saying, we were all just in your shoes, college is fun. enjoy it.

senslogine

Postby senslogine » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:28 am

itseightfortyfive wrote:
senslogine wrote:
KibblesAndVick wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Seriouslym though, dude, I take it you're 18/19? I understand that you have a fire under your ass to do well in life and be successful, and that's great. That being said, you have a limited number of years left in your life where it's acceptable for you to act like an 18-21 year old. This is an ideal time to get a job waiting tables (or something similar), party, chase girls and expand your consciousness with any number of mind altering chemicals. You can do all these things and still achieve the same level of success you seek. This will actually be healthy and probably make you a more well rounded person that you would be otherwise.

Agreed. How much do you think Biglaw Partners would be willing to pay if they could relive one year between senior year of high school and the end of college? You don't get your youth back. Don't seriously injure yourself, don't get arrested, and don't get anyone pregnant. Other than that, just let the good times roll.

I realize I'm in the minority, but the 'wild youth' thing doesn't and has never appealed to me. I can have fun, and do regularly, but prefer it in the form of LAN parties and D&D, thanks.

ohhh, this was me at your age.... don't worry, college will teach you that sometimes a keystone and a frat house basement is your bestfriend. And your serious boyfriend will eventually stab you in the back and you'll rethink that whole thing.

Trust me, listen to what everyone is saying, we were all just in your shoes, college is fun. enjoy it.

Listen, I don't want to drink and don't plan on it. Why is this so impossible for people to accept? Not only that, why, precisely, do you assume I have a serious boyfriend, and if I did, why would you assume such negative things? Yes, it is true most relationships do not last- but why would you feel it necessary to make judgements about a relationship you'd know nothing about?

alex_cryp

Postby alex_cryp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi. I didn't have the patience to read through all of these responses, so I could be repeating some advice here.

1) Don't let what you are scoring on PTs freshman year dictate whether you want to be a lawyer or not. You WILL gain skills in college and do better if you wait. Don't rule out a profession based on your current attempts at LSAT--it just won't be reflective of what you could do later on.

2) Taking the LSAT Freshman year is so risky. You have a five year window to report your scores. What if you graduate and you do want to be a lawyer, but not right away? You could be burnt out and want to take some time off, you could meet that special girl/guy and want to spend some quality time with them, you could want to join the Peace Corps, or be called to a mission in Africa or something. My point is, if you take the LSAT Freshman year and you decide you want to be a lawyer, but not right away, you're going to have to take the LSAT AGAIN! How much would that suck!

3) What you should do now to prepare for the LSAT you would take Junior/Senior year:
--Read dense material, academic journals, economist, scientific american
--Start doing brain puzzles, like IQ stuff, Sudoku, and Crosswords

mitgirl

Postby mitgirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:59 am

I am also a freshman in college and am thinking of doing something similar. I was sick today :cry: and so I was browsing the internet for fun stuff and came across the LSAT. I took a Princeton Review sample exam for fun (the questions are really fun, I haven't gotten to do logic puzzles since middle school, it's all been boring memorization). I got a 173 using about half the time allotted and am not sure what that means. I think its fairly good and was wondering if I wanted to try the real exam. I like the logic puzzle stuff and the Lsat is pretty challenging and cool. I've always been good at standardized tests (2400SAT 35 ACT, 19 AP exams, etc) but everyone seems to say the lsat is so hard... I think if you want to go for it you should! I probably will...

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:16 am

Holy bump

tng11

Postby tng11 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Last edited by tng11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

pinkzeppelin

Postby pinkzeppelin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:41 pm

tng11 wrote:
mitgirl wrote:I am also a freshman in college and am thinking of doing something similar. I was sick today :cry: and so I was browsing the internet for fun stuff and came across the LSAT. I took a Princeton Review sample exam for fun (the questions are really fun, I haven't gotten to do logic puzzles since middle school, it's all been boring memorization). I got a 173 using about half the time allotted and am not sure what that means. I think its fairly good and was wondering if I wanted to try the real exam. I like the logic puzzle stuff and the Lsat is pretty challenging and cool. I've always been good at standardized tests (2400SAT 35 ACT, 19 AP exams, etc) but everyone seems to say the lsat is so hard... I think if you want to go for it you should! I probably will...

Nice bump in order to tell everyone about your cock size.

Not cock size, boob size. Notice the username. Also, don't forget that she also goes to MIT, so she's almost certainly compensating.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:17 am

mitgirl wrote:I am also a freshman in college and am thinking of doing something similar. I was sick today :cry: and so I was browsing the internet for fun stuff and came across the LSAT. I took a Princeton Review sample exam for fun (the questions are really fun, I haven't gotten to do logic puzzles since middle school, it's all been boring memorization). I got a 173 using about half the time allotted and am not sure what that means. I think its fairly good and was wondering if I wanted to try the real exam. I like the logic puzzle stuff and the Lsat is pretty challenging and cool. I've always been good at standardized tests (2400SAT 35 ACT, 19 AP exams, etc) but everyone seems to say the lsat is so hard... I think if you want to go for it you should! I probably will...

We should totally hook this girl up with the guy who originally created this thread. It's the only chance at reproduction they have.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”