LSAT DISASTER PLEASE HELP!!!!

balzern

LSAT DISASTER PLEASE HELP!!!!

Postby balzern » Thu May 27, 2010 10:13 am

Hey everyone. Last night I took a PT after getting about 6-7 hours of sleep and working from 8-430. Needless to say I got the lowest score that i can remember, a 154 on December 2008....I am getting between a 157-163 with an average around a 159 or 160. Am I just burnt out? Kinda losing sleep over this freaking thing and I am a little upset because I have taken 30-40 PTs and went over my wrong answers. It was like I couldnt concentrate on this test at all esp. with RC I missed 14 Any suggestions? June is approaching fast...

webbylu87

Re: LSAT DISASTER PLEASE HELP!!!!

Postby webbylu87 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am

balzern wrote:Hey everyone. Last night I took a PT after getting about 6-7 hours of sleep and working from 8-430. Needless to say I got the lowest score that i can remember, a 154 on December 2008....I am getting between a 157-163 with an average around a 159 or 160. Am I just burnt out? Kinda losing sleep over this freaking thing and I am a little upset because I have taken 30-40 PTs and went over my wrong answers. It was like I couldnt concentrate on this test at all esp. with RC I missed 14 Any suggestions? June is approaching fast...

It sounds like you already realize it was burn-out. Just chillax, man. Keep plugging away. Everyone has freak low scores once in a while. Have a little bit of faith in your average.

Conversely, just as I'm telling you not to assume you'll drop way below your average because of one low practice test, don't assume you'll score way above your average because of one high practice test. Either scenario can happen, but it's unlikely. Like I said, you just had a bad practice test. It happens. Just keep working and don't let it freak you out.

pjo

Postby pjo » Thu May 27, 2010 10:36 am

you probably just had a long day or it was one of the more difficult PT's or a combination of both. Settle down and don't stress over it, maybe take another one today and see how you do. The important thing to keep in mind though is the more you think "Man, i have to do good on this or else" or " I did bad on my last PT I have to do good on this one" the worse you'll do. You're thinkign too much. Think positive (i.e. "Im going to get -0 on this") rather than uncessarily stressful ("i.e. "I did so bad on the last one I can't blow this one too")

balzern

Postby balzern » Thu May 27, 2010 10:38 am

yeah, it was like my brain wouldn't function on RC for some reason...so frustrating. thanks for the pep talk though I hope you all are right about it just a bad pt and that it happens every once and a while! i just want to hid stride into next monday, know what i mean?

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

balzern wrote:yeah, it was like my brain wouldn't function on RC for some reason...so frustrating. thanks for the pep talk though I hope you all are right about it just a bad pt and that it happens every once and a while! i just want to hid stride into next monday, know what i mean?

What study aids are you using? or have you just done practice tests?

balzern

Postby balzern » Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

PS LG Bible, PS LR Bible, Kaplan, Barrons, and btwn 30-40 PTs.

confusedlawyer

Postby confusedlawyer » Thu May 27, 2010 11:25 am

You shouldn't have used Barrons, and if you've done 30-40 PT, your score should be better. Ive done about the same and went from a 147 to a 165. Either way keep at it you can only get better

Azmatt

Postby Azmatt » Thu May 27, 2010 1:02 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:You shouldn't have used Barrons, and if you've done 30-40 PT, your score should be better. Ive done about the same and went from a 147 to a 165. Either way keep at it you can only get better

best advice ever.

I say that because I did my first diagnostic after a nap with no prep and scored a 150. Scared the F out of me. But, the more I read and practice, the more I realize that the LSAT is something to master. Providing you can simply understand the logic up to your untimed goal, it's just a matter of closing the gap between capacity and performance.

hairy_pussy

Postby hairy_pussy » Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 pm

balzern wrote:Hey everyone. Last night I took a PT after getting about 6-7 hours of sleep and working from 8-430. Needless to say I got the lowest score that i can remember, a 154 on December 2008....I am getting between a 157-163 with an average around a 159 or 160. Am I just burnt out? Kinda losing sleep over this freaking thing and I am a little upset because I have taken 30-40 PTs and went over my wrong answers. It was like I couldnt concentrate on this test at all esp. with RC I missed 14 Any suggestions? June is approaching fast...

This is called test Anxiety. Loosing sleep is not a good symptom for a test taker. Try Jack Daniels and see if you gain some confidence.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”