getting better as the test goes on?

jmc8y

getting better as the test goes on?

Postby jmc8y » Wed May 26, 2010 9:57 pm

First, I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search but nothing popped up.

It seems to me (from 25 PTs) that I usually get stronger as the test goes on. I think this is because it takes me a while to get into the mindset of thinking the way this test requires me to think. During the first section I tend to read more slowly (if it's a RC, I'm screwed) and I struggle to get to the heart of the point being tested.

Now, The powerscore bible suggests you come into the test fresh, don't do any problems, etc, the day of. But have any experienced test takers found it useful to run a few problems before the test. Maybe just a single RC, a single LR, and a couple of arguments? I was going to test this out on myself on my next few PTs but I don't think I'll have time to come to any strong conclusions, so I'm looking for some surrogate information.

Thanks!

(2nd post!)

:!:

bartleby

Re: getting better as the test goes on?

Postby bartleby » Wed May 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Definitely warm up. I don't see why you wouldn't.

But maybe you are getting better as the test goes on because at the start of every section, you are getting a little shot of mental adrenaline that needs to wear off. I think I'm pretty jittery/nervous at the start of sections, especially LR and RC because I'm concerned about time management.

BigA

Postby BigA » Wed May 26, 2010 10:19 pm

yeah. I just made a thread like this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=118193

No worries. I just did a search and couldn't find it either :?

So I'm the same way. I was wondering even whether the first LR section is harder than the second, because it seems I always do better on the second. I'm thinking I'm going to do some LR problems and maybe an RC passage before the test. My concern is whether this will wear off by the time I get to the test center and start the test. I'd kinda like to bring in some problems into the test center while I'm waiting to start :o Don't know if that's allowed

jmc8y

Postby jmc8y » Wed May 26, 2010 10:31 pm

BigA wrote:yeah. I just made a thread like this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=118193

No worries. I just did a search and couldn't find it either :?

So I'm the same way. I was wondering even whether the first LR section is harder than the second, because it seems I always do better on the second. I'm thinking I'm going to do some LR problems and maybe an RC passage before the test. My concern is whether this will wear off by the time I get to the test center and start the test. I'd kinda like to bring in some problems into the test center while I'm waiting to start :o Don't know if that's allowed

my bad. i guess i should have just looked a couple of pages down :)

I've actually got the logistics worked out since I actually have an office on the campus where the test is, so I can do some warms up in there before heading over. Smooth!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 26, 2010 10:33 pm

I warmed up the way you described and I think it helped a lot. I was having that same problem.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”