Tips on Reading Comp?

Tips on Reading Comp?

Postby mkr5u » Wed May 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey y'all,

So I'm taking the test in 12 days (yikes...), and I was just looking for some tips on how to get through the reading comp section more efficiently. I'm just finishing my TestMasters course and while their tips have helped me tremendously in being able to answer the questions, I'm still not finishing the section. Of course, when I try to speed myself up, my accuracy declines. I usually get about -5 on the RC sections, and a lot of those are from the final passage in the section because of time running out. Anyone have any advice?

Re: Tips on Reading Comp?

Postby itseightfortyfive » Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm

If you are marking up the passage a lot; stop. I wasn't finishing the RC section because I was focusing too hard on taking notes and looking for indicator words. When I stopped I found that I was able to finish the passages much quicker and I really didn't compromise my accuracy. I found that I understood the passage and was able to reference it just as quickly as if I had taken notes on it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”