is three one too many?

northwood

is three one too many?

Postby northwood » Wed May 26, 2010 8:42 am

I am going to be applying to law schools that are not in the top 15. The schools that I am planning on applying to all state that they do not average test scores, they simply take the highest one. I have been studying for the June test on my own,, using books from princetion review and 20 practice tests from lsac. I am scoring in the mid 150's, and with a gpa of 3.53, I am very confident that a sore on the June test in the 150's will get me in. ( i am thinking about state schools in New YOrk, Florida, Michigan- states where I have family and are seriously considering practicing in) Ideally, I would like to score a 162+, but I know that i cannot keep myself motivated to study continously for 2-3 hours a night for 4 more months( i started studying for the june test in early april). Would it be wise to take the test in June, and then if i dont hit my mark of 162- find a class and re take it in october?. Or should I just cancel and wait until then. I have taken the exam once already. I didnt do well, and in fact looking back, I should have cancelled the exam allrogether. ( 2 weeks before the exam, a student in my class attempted to stab abother student with a pencil- then charged at me. I thought I was in a good mind set- but looking back, I definately wasn't) Will taking the test 3 times hurt my chances of getting in? Or as long as I show an increase in my scoring, and have the explination about the first test, will the schools takke the best one?

SAOJD10

Re: is three one too many?

Postby SAOJD10 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:13 am

fwiw, all the "state schools" in Fl will not accept you with scores in the 150's if thats your GPA, you ask well how do you know, well I have a 3.54 and a 159 :mrgreen:

MrSoOoFLy

Re: is three one too many?

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Wed May 26, 2010 9:15 am

Take it and see how you feel you did... If you felt you improved from your previous administration, let the score stand, if not cancel and hope the third time is the charm.

I am a 3peater myself and it did not adversely effect my applications (many others share the same sentiment). However, if you go down on test 2 or test 3, it does reflect poorly.

Most schools take the best score if there's a 3-4 point difference.

& You should be aiming higher with a lower GPA.

Good luck dude!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”