Is This Burn Out, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome???

PLATONiC

Is This Burn Out, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome???

Postby PLATONiC » Wed May 26, 2010 3:35 am

I've been afflicted (on and off for the past five to six months) with a severe form of brain fog and physical exhaustion. To make matters worse, I've been experiencing constant pain on my shoulders and neck. While at work, I'm tired, dizzy, and confused by doing even the most menial tasks. It sucks. I literally feel dizzy and tired by lunch time (which is about eight hours into the day).

Is this LSAT burnout? Is this what some of you burn-out-actually-exists advocates experience or have experienced?

Dead Ringer

Re: Is This Burn Out, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome???

Postby Dead Ringer » Wed May 26, 2010 3:42 am

That sounds like a lot more than burn out. Honestly the back pain might be the cause. My brother had similar stuff as a result of his back. Just saying you should explore that possibility.

AMD64

Postby AMD64 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 am

It sounds like it could be anxiety and/or depression. I had the same symptoms and was miserable during my first semester of law school; brain fog, neck tension, exhaustion, and dizziness. Once I got on a low dose of Lexapro, the symptoms disappeared and havent come back.

Postby 20121109 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:58 am

Its really critical that in these final days of LSAT prep before the test, you are regulating your sleep cycle and eating healthily. Numerous studies have suggested that your brainpower increases when you are well-rested and well-fed. It definitely sounds like something a little more than burnout, but barring a visit to your MD, I recommend just taking better care of yourself. I also hope that you are finding some kind of recreational activity to help ease any anxiety. Exercise, go out with some friends to the movies, lounge around the house and play the PS3, whatever you do to unwind and take the edge off.

The way you take care of yourself now can end up having a very real effect on your performance on test day. So make sure you do it!!! :)

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Wed May 26, 2010 6:51 am

PLATONiC wrote:I've been afflicted (on and off for the past five to six months) with a severe form of brain fog and physical exhaustion. To make matters worse, I've been experiencing constant pain on my shoulders and neck. While at work, I'm tired, dizzy, and confused by doing even the most menial tasks. It sucks. I literally feel dizzy and tired by lunch time (which is about eight hours into the day).

Is this LSAT burnout? Is this what some of you burn-out-actually-exists advocates experience or have experienced?

If getting 8 hours of sleep a night doesn't make it better, you should see your doctor.

mottainai

Postby mottainai » Wed May 26, 2010 8:59 am

It could be blood pressure related as well. You didn't mention difficulty breathing or any chest problems, but all of the other symptoms could be related. I had the brain fog/exhaustion/dizzy/confusion symptoms for awhile and it lessened once I saw a doctor, took some medication, and changed my diet.

UFmark

Postby UFmark » Wed May 26, 2010 3:28 pm

The brain fog/chronic fatigue/confusion is most likely a cause of anxiety/depression.

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Wed May 26, 2010 8:19 pm

I wouldn't say that I have difficulty breathing, but I definitely feel a shortness of breath. I'm actually gonna go to the massage parlor after work today; it only costs about $20 in Asia. Hopefully things'll help out...

I'm consistently hitting the high 160s to low 170s (168-171), and I noticed that I could seriously hurt my chances at getting a score in the 170s on the actual test if things continue this way.

You guys mention diet, and I have to admit, I have poor diet. A lot of people might think that an Asian diet might be healthier, but that's not always the case. I noticed that I lived off a healthier diet while I lived in the U.S., since salads and sandiwiches, lean meat, and egg whites were always available on a salad bar or deli. In Korea, all I eat is a bunch of rice or noodles for lunch (hardly any vegetables besides "kimchi"). I slept ten hours last night for the first time in like forever, and I still feel like shit.

Edit:

One tangential comment: Does anybody else think that the LGs in the late 40s are ridiculously easy? I was on the verge of passing out while finishing up the LG section on PT 46, and still managed to get a -0 with TEN minutes to spare.

acadec

Postby acadec » Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 am

The LSAT will cure your Chronic fatigue syndrome. See PT 12, Section IV question 6 for all you need to know about it.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Thu May 27, 2010 2:44 pm

sleep def. has huge impact on overall wellness. That 10 hrs you got the other night might not solve the problem. Takes some time to stabilize. get some exercise, lay off the study for a day or two. Massage should help, maybe acupuncture or get your spine adjusted (focus on upper cerv. where brain stem sits...if it is off can twist your life up).

I notice one of the MOST essential things is volume of water consumed. I am coffee from 7-8AM on until I pass out between 1-3AM. as long as I drink a gallon plus a day of water I feel really well. If not, I pay, brain is foggy, everything slows to a crawl. I take a silly amount of supplements as well gaba, 5htp, taurine, amino acids, greens mix etc...Helps tons, was doing the pharmaceutical study method for a bit and drained me, started to lean towards emotionally unstable and exhausted so opted for the non-pharmy approach to get me through. feel much better about it.

Water, diet, sleep...get back checked out. I started getting adjusted and my quality of life increased greatly. mind was more tuned in. just my own personal experience.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”