My Dilemma

My Dilemma

Postby mostheinous » Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 am

So I've decided to go to apply to law school and I really want to go to the law school at the place where I'm going to be doing a PhD in Economics (already got accepted with a full ride), which happens to be a top 10 law school (they have a joint-degree program). I feel my GPA and other stuff is enough to get me in (3.78 overall, ~top 5-6% of my class, Economics major, Mathematics minor; NCAA D1 college athlete), but I obviously need a good LSAT score. Problem is I signed up for the June 2010 LSAT and I have about 2 weeks to prepare. I took a few practice LSAT's about 9 months ago, and my scores were: 163 (cold); 165, 157, 173. The only section on which I'm really lacking the is the games; my LR and RC scores are consistently decent.

I have incentive to take the LSAT as soon as possible, for anyone who's familiar with econ grad school knows it's going to be too much to ask to study for the LSAT while taking 4 grad econ classes, with my funding on the line, no less. However, I'm not sure I can break a 173 (my goal) while only studying for the next 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any advice? I thought about taking the October LSAT but I really just want to relax this summer before diving into grad econ, hence my signing up for the June test.

Re: My Dilemma

Postby jjlaw » Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 am

Purchase online all the LG's from cambridge lsat. Print 5+ copies of EACH game. Drill. Drill. Drill.

LG is the easiest to improve on. With two weeks left, you are lucky that LG is the one section you need the most help with. Just keep drilling for the next two weeks to cut down your mistakes, and you will be fine for the June test.

Re: My Dilemma

Postby Kilpatrick » Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 am

Well since you're already signed up for the test you might as well take it. The good news for you is the logic games really are the most learnable part of the test. If you studied intensely for the next two weeks I think you could do it. When I first took a diagnostic I had never even seen a logic game and didn't know what the fuck. But it only took a couple weeks of practice to get the hang of it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”