lsat tests

northwood

lsat tests

Postby northwood » Tue May 25, 2010 11:28 pm

I am going to be applying to law schools that are not in the top 15. The schools that I am planning on applying to all state that they do not average test scores, they simply take the highest one. I have been studying for the June test on my own,, using books from princetion review and 20 practice tests from lsac. I am scoring in the mid 150's, and with a gpa of 3.53, I am very confident that a sore on the June test in the 150's will get me in. ( i am thinking about state schools in New YOrk, Florida, Michigan- states where I have family and are seriously considering practicing in) Ideally, I would like to score a 162+, but I know that i cannot keep myself motivated to study continously for 2-3 hours a night for 4 more months( i started studying for the june test in early april). Would it be wise to take the test in June, and then if i dont hit my mark of 162- find a class and re take it in october?. Or should I just cancel and wait until then.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful

Thanks! and good luck

KatieKat

Re: lsat tests

Postby KatieKat » Tue May 25, 2010 11:41 pm

It sounds like you don't really have much to lose by sitting for the test in June and then retaking it if you want a higher score, so I say go for it!

It will also give you the experience of sitting for the test, which will probably make you less nervous if you do decide to take it again in october.

northwood

Re: lsat tests

Postby northwood » Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 am

i have taken the test once before- but didn't study at all for the test and there were circumstances that occurred just beofre the test that negatively affected my ability to concentrate. I am wondering that since I dont want to go to a top school ( top 30) would I be hurting myself by taking the test 3 times? The schools that I am thinkin of are Syracuse, Michigan State, Florida International, Buffalo and Albany. I have talked to some of these schools and they say that they just take the best score- but didnt say anything about taking it 2 or 3 times.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”