Does anyone else feel like they are going crazy?

itseightfortyfive

Does anyone else feel like they are going crazy?

Postby itseightfortyfive » Tue May 25, 2010 7:33 pm

So I've been lurking around in the shadows of TLS for at least five years now. Since its finally time for me to take the LSATs, and with two weeks to go, I figured I'd finally step into the light.

But seriously, does anyone else here feel like this test is consuming their life? I mean, all I do is study and read and listen to LSAT podcasts, check this board out and talk nonstop about the LSATs to anyone I come in contact with. I dropped 35 bucks today on vitamins that are supposed to improve brain function and I've pretty much totally switched my diet to fish. AND SERIOUSLY (!!!) WHY is the Economist SEVEN DOLLARS??? I mean, it doesn't even have a spine, like Cosmo.

Anyway, needless to say that I'll be happy the night of June 7th. Except not completely because my scores arrive on my birthday. Lucky me.

jmhendri

Re: Does anyone else feel like they are going crazy?

Postby jmhendri » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 pm

welcome to the rest of your life. hth

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Tue May 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Good Lord, I hope not. I can only eat so much tuna.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:50 pm

I can totally relate. I think it's safe to say that after I go out the night of June 7, I won't remember a single thing about the LSAT the next morning

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue May 25, 2010 7:54 pm

itseightfortyfive wrote:So I've been lurking around in the shadows of TLS for at least five years now. Since its finally time for me to take the LSATs, and with two weeks to go, I figured I'd finally step into the light.

But seriously, does anyone else here feel like this test is consuming their life? I mean, all I do is study and read and listen to LSAT podcasts, check this board out and talk nonstop about the LSATs to anyone I come in contact with. I dropped 35 bucks today on vitamins that are supposed to improve brain function and I've pretty much totally switched my diet to fish. AND SERIOUSLY (!!!) WHY is the Economist SEVEN DOLLARS??? I mean, it doesn't even have a spine, like Cosmo.

Anyway, needless to say that I'll be happy the night of June 7th. Except not completely because my scores arrive on my birthday. Lucky me.

Has TLS been around since 2005?

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Pretty sure, I remember looking at their law school profiles and the forum freshman year of college.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Tue May 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Also, copyright on the bottom of the page is 2003-2010.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm

itseightfortyfive wrote:Also, copyright on the bottom of the page is 2003-2010.

touche

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Tue May 25, 2010 10:50 pm

At least you will be taking it on the 7th. Takers in Asia like me will be taking it on the 27th, so that's twenty more days of crazy.
BTW the schedule you described sounds exactly like my life right now. Sadness.

solotee

Postby solotee » Tue May 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Dude it sucks. But the period between between my LSAT score release date and my first day of law school has been a bliss so far. Just keep in mind that it will all be over in about a month.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 am

Alright, good. I was wondering if this was abnormal in anyway, but it seems as if its not. Which is encouraging. So...since you take it twenty days after we do is it a different version or the same test? It seems odd that they would do it that way since someone could convey a great deal of the questions to friends they have overseas.

wjun15

Postby wjun15 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:35 am

might be a dumb question but, do i have to sign up for a monthly subscription to the Economist to get it? Or do they sell it in stores?

spark1330

Postby spark1330 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:12 am

wjun15 wrote:might be a dumb question but, do i have to sign up for a monthly subscription to the Economist to get it? Or do they sell it in stores?

You don't need a subscription and can buy it at a store.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 am

Eh, wait until you are waiting for your score. And then working on apps. And then waiting to hear back from schools....

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Wed May 26, 2010 6:50 am

itseightfortyfive wrote:So...since you take it twenty days after we do is it a different version or the same test? It seems odd that they would do it that way since someone could convey a great deal of the questions to friends they have overseas.

From what I know, that test will never be released. You can safely assume that it isn't the same test.

If you think that focusing on the test all day and every day will help you, that's great. But it's probably a little late to be reading The Economist for RC help, and I can't imagine that listening to LSAT podcasts is all that helpful either, especially at this stage. At the very least, make sure you take relax the day before (maybe the full weekend before) the test.

The day the scores come out tends to vary. If they come out on your birthday, well...no matter how it goes, you'll have a reason to drink until you can't feel feelings anymore.

edinbourgh

Postby edinbourgh » Wed May 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Yeah, it's not the same test. If it were, inevitably there will be some people trying to take advantage of that fact.
FWIW I remember seeing some threads on here saying that the LSAT given here is harder. We'll see when I take it this June, and if anything feels really off I'll be going back to the U.S. to retake.

itseightfortyfive

Postby itseightfortyfive » Wed May 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Oh, I've been doing most of these things for months now. Before they were less condensed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”