Preptest 16 game #1

winnatech

Preptest 16 game #1

Postby winnatech » Mon May 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Can anyone give me the setup for this game? I can't really figure out the answers without making tons of hypotheticals. Thanks.

Atlas LSAT Brian

Re: Preptest 16 game #1

Postby Atlas LSAT Brian » Tue May 25, 2010 10:54 am

it's a pretty straightforward setup -- there aren't any major deductions to make, so sketch it quickly and get on to the questions! For a couple of the questions, you will have to make a hypothetical or two, but not that many...

I would orient this diagram vertically, with the numbers along the bottom, but it's difficult to type that way, so i've put them on the side.

1 __ __ R
2 __ __ __
~Y 3 __ S

~SY
~WY
~VZ
T1 --> Z1

That's about all you can do up front. You might take a second to consider things and realize that the placements of Y and T are going to be big drivers in the game, and with that in mind, take on the questions!

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Tue May 25, 2010 1:40 pm

and looks like someone else (or perhaps you!) posted the same question on our explanations forum: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/section ... -t884.html, you can find a diagram there.

winnatech

Postby winnatech » Tue May 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Atlas LSAT Brian wrote:it's a pretty straightforward setup -- there aren't any major deductions to make, so sketch it quickly and get on to the questions! For a couple of the questions, you will have to make a hypothetical or two, but not that many...

I would orient this diagram vertically, with the numbers along the bottom, but it's difficult to type that way, so i've put them on the side.

1 __ __ R
2 __ __ __
~Y 3 __ S

~SY
~WY
~VZ
T1 --> Z1

That's about all you can do up front. You might take a second to consider things and realize that the placements of Y and T are going to be big drivers in the game, and with that in mind, take on the questions!

Thanks for this! I think I was wasting too much time trying to complete several possible templates, now knowing that there isn't really many.

Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:and looks like someone else (or perhaps you!) posted the same question on our explanations forum: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/section ... -t884.html, you can find a diagram there.

Thanks for this link as well, it was very timely. I'm actually not the person who posted that though, but I guess we both had problems with this game! Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”