Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

asoularisen
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby asoularisen » Mon May 24, 2010 4:42 pm

There's 14 days till the June 7th LSAT (as I'm sure you're all aware) and after taking 3 practice tests, I've gotten myself down to 0 or -1 on the Logical Reasoning sections, -2 or -3 on Reading Comprehension, and -6 to -9 on the Logic Games.

I'm going to work through one of the SuperPrep tests today to try and get some better insight on what I'm messing up in logic games (most of the mistakes I'm making in Reading Comprehension are silly so I'm hoping the first SuperPrep test I take is in the -0 to -2 range, and LR is almost perfect), and my Logic Games Bible arrives Wednesday. I'm wondering if from Wednesday to June 7th, I'll be able to make significant headway on getting logic games down to a -3 to -4 range.

nimhnimh
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby nimhnimh » Mon May 24, 2010 4:44 pm

If you're missing 6-9 questions you might want to try doing 3 games instead of all 4. If you do these three games perfectly and guess on the last game you will only be getting 4 questions wrong instead of 6-9. Just a thought you might want to try.

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:57 pm

3 of 4 is one idea, but I think the LG bible will give you significant practice. You should probably not take PTs some days and just do 3-4 sections of games to build up reps. So maybe by day like : PT-games-PT-PT-Games-Games... you get the idea. LGg games are really like a golf swing or something, it's mental memory though not muscle memory.

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby gbpackerbacker » Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Really, if you read the Christ out of the LGB, you should be fine.

asoularisen
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby asoularisen » Mon May 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah, I suppose of I can't make good headway with the LG Bible, I'll go for the 3 out of 4 idea.

I like the idea of giving certain days simply to grinding through Logic Games only; currently I think my plan is to take a SuperPrep practice test today and go over all the explanations thoroughly, dedicate tomorrow to seeing what kind of essay format they like and writing an essay or two (I've neglected working on the essay section), then once the LG Bible arrives on Wednesday, doing a format similar to what you said.

asoularisen
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby asoularisen » Mon May 24, 2010 5:06 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:3 of 4 is one idea, but I think the LG bible will give you significant practice. You should probably not take PTs some days and just do 3-4 sections of games to build up reps. So maybe by day like : PT-games-PT-PT-Games-Games... you get the idea. LGg games are really like a golf swing or something, it's mental memory though not muscle memory.


Also, to confirm, when you say to just do 3-4 sections of games, does the LG Bible supply practice sections of logic games, or do I have to take them out of my practice tests? I only have one book of ten practice tests, so I figure if I'm taking out logic games sections, I'll need to pick up another book with 10 practice LSATs so I'm still able to have full practice tests...

User avatar
CryingMonkey
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby CryingMonkey » Mon May 24, 2010 5:07 pm

asoularisen wrote:Yeah, I suppose of I can't make good headway with the LG Bible, I'll go for the 3 out of 4 idea.

I like the idea of giving certain days simply to grinding through Logic Games only; currently I think my plan is to take a SuperPrep practice test today and go over all the explanations thoroughly, dedicate tomorrow to seeing what kind of essay format they like and writing an essay or two (I've neglected working on the essay section), then once the LG Bible arrives on Wednesday, doing a format similar to what you said.


Under no circumstances waste time on the essay. It's fairly well documented that no one cares what you do on that section as long as you write something that is in comprehensible English. With 14 days left and room to improve, don't waste your time with an unscored portion of the test.

User avatar
CryingMonkey
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby CryingMonkey » Mon May 24, 2010 5:08 pm

asoularisen wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:3 of 4 is one idea, but I think the LG bible will give you significant practice. You should probably not take PTs some days and just do 3-4 sections of games to build up reps. So maybe by day like : PT-games-PT-PT-Games-Games... you get the idea. LGg games are really like a golf swing or something, it's mental memory though not muscle memory.


Also, to confirm, when you say to just do 3-4 sections of games, does the LG Bible supply practice sections of logic games, or do I have to take them out of my practice tests? I only have one book of ten practice tests, so I figure if I'm taking out logic games sections, I'll need to pick up another book with 10 practice LSATs so I'm still able to have full practice tests...


Also, Cambridge LSAT offers the LG sections of previous tests for around $2 each and you can print them straight off of your computer. If you're just trying to work on games, it's a good investment.

asoularisen
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby asoularisen » Mon May 24, 2010 5:12 pm

CryingMonkey wrote:
asoularisen wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:3 of 4 is one idea, but I think the LG bible will give you significant practice. You should probably not take PTs some days and just do 3-4 sections of games to build up reps. So maybe by day like : PT-games-PT-PT-Games-Games... you get the idea. LGg games are really like a golf swing or something, it's mental memory though not muscle memory.


Also, to confirm, when you say to just do 3-4 sections of games, does the LG Bible supply practice sections of logic games, or do I have to take them out of my practice tests? I only have one book of ten practice tests, so I figure if I'm taking out logic games sections, I'll need to pick up another book with 10 practice LSATs so I'm still able to have full practice tests...


Also, Cambridge LSAT offers the LG sections of previous tests for around $2 each and you can print them straight off of your computer. If you're just trying to work on games, it's a good investment.


Definitely a better idea than buying an extra book of practice tests just for the LG sections; thanks for the tip.

User avatar
malfurion
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby malfurion » Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Also, the newest games used in the LGB are from PT 51, so if you haven't done PT's 52-59 yet, get those and there won't be any overlap with the book contents.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Is 12 days enough time to make significant progress on LG?

Postby Sandro » Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Should I re read the LG bible? I have no trouble setting up games. I just freeze up on the harder games :(




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, BobBoblaw, Google [Bot] and 11 guests