Kaplan Mastery Book

iheartkennypowers

Kaplan Mastery Book

Postby iheartkennypowers » Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am

Hey all,

so i was planning for studying for the lsat in a way that is based off of Pithypike's guide, but i'm just wondering, before i order it, what is covered/presented in the kaplan mastery book?

thanks

HiLine

Re: Kaplan Mastery Book

Postby HiLine » Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 am

Questions grouped by type from old tests with explanations. :D

iheartkennypowers

Postby iheartkennypowers » Mon May 24, 2010 6:04 pm

so (correct me if i'm wroing) but if i am doing LG based on the powerscore method, then the mastery book may not be as effective for LG, but it would be good for the LR and RC sections?

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon May 24, 2010 11:23 pm

The Mastery Practice book can be effective for all 3 sections in allowing you to drill questions by type.

The explanations leave a lot to be desired. However, people generally recommend this book for the categorization by type rather than for the explanations anyway.

While the categorization system isn't perfect, it's not bad.

The book is generally a pretty good deal on amazon considering the sheer number of LSAT questions you get. The categories aren't much different from the PS categories. With a few minor differences, the main difference are just the names - sequencing vs. linear, etc.

If you already have a good understanding of the PS categories, you can figure it out.

If you don't have a good understanding, then it doesn't really matter much anyway.

-Steve

jjlaw

Postby jjlaw » Mon May 24, 2010 11:36 pm

I highly recommend it. I used it to improve LR, and the organization of question types allowed me to spot patterns in stimuli and answer choices. I didn't really use it for LG and only a little for RC. I got it for about $40 on Amazon, and it was a great investment. If you can supplement Kaplan Mastery with LRB, I think you'd be set for LR.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”