PT 40, RC #16, Yet Another RC Q Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
freddie

New

PT 40, RC #16, Yet Another RC Q

Post by freddie » Sat May 22, 2010 6:21 pm

I am pretty much at a loss for PT 40, RC #16. I know that the key lies at the end of the last paragraph, but do not see an answer that parallels this part of the passage. Could someone share their explanation of the right answer, and in so doing restate the parallel portion of the passage in general terms?

I would really appreciate it.

ebm3q

New

Re: PT 40, RC #16, Yet Another RC Q

Post by ebm3q » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:27 pm

bump

nickm100

New

Re: PT 40, RC #16, Yet Another RC Q

Post by nickm100 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 pm

The question references the cosmologist's solution to the dark matter problem which is similar to this: even though the neuron solution would only provide information for up to 20% maximum of the total universe, even the lowest possible estimated returned knowledge would provide a significant amount of information, given how many neurons there are. So, essentially any chunk of info about neurons they can get is important because it is a significant part of understanding the universe.

Answers:

(A) The child gets information that leads to a way to get their answer. This isn't analogous because the information that leads them to their answer isn't a part of the answer and that information leads to the ability for complete understanding.
(B) An alternative completely fills the role
(C) An alternative satisfies a desire

(D) TCR: The child sets out to do something, attains a piece of the solution, and continues on trying to gather more pieces to reach their goal. This is most analgous because the first bit of $ given to the child is similar to the information about neurons towards the goal of understanding the universe.

We've got: one siblings $ = info about neurons
Movie = understanding universe

(E) some sort of conditional relationship that has nothing to do with many parts to a whole.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”