How much can I improve? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
db616

New

How much can I improve?

Post by db616 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I've been stalking these forums for a couple of months now and I decided to take a PT today to see how I would do. I was very pleased when I got a 167 (a five-point increase from my first PT about a month ago), although it took me ~45 minutes to finish each section (a little less for LR).

I'm planning on graduating with ~3.84 LSDAS GPA (although my graduating GPA will be closer to 3.94) from a top public, and I'm aiming for T6.

How much improvement is reasonable if I want to take the LSAT next June????

mges

New

Re: How much can I improve?

Post by mges » Sat May 22, 2010 10:01 pm

The average improvement is said to be 7 points.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Sat May 22, 2010 10:04 pm

The time restriction is an important factor in this test. It might be helpful to do a PT timed to get a better idea of where you are. That's still good, though.

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Sat May 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Marionberry wrote:The time restriction is an important factor in this test. It might be helpful to do a PT timed to get a better idea of where you are. That's still good, though.
I agree, you need to start doing them with time restrictions. Though good job on the 167 even without the time.

halfwaygone

New

Post by halfwaygone » Sun May 23, 2010 8:11 am

It's not a diagnostic unless it's under timed conditions. LG, for instance. I could always solve every single LG on every single LSAT, even starting out, if the time was extended. It's not that the LG are hard; it's just that doing them in the time limit requires more analytical, quick thinking. The major challenge in RC is also the time. LR... well, time isn't AS much as a factor, I'd think, since it more plays on easy "wrong" answers that people will pick.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”