Postponed test date--Should I still complete my prep course? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
h4rryp0tter

New

Postponed test date--Should I still complete my prep course?

Post by h4rryp0tter » Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 pm

I postponed my testdate till October, but my test prep (testmasters) is for the June test, and right now they are going through 2 more diagnostics and 2 jam sessions which takes most of the hardest problems and goes over them. The problem is that instead of letting me figure out why I got the problem wrong during the jam session--they tell me why I got it wrong, which I don't think is very beneficial. And for the Diagnostic tests, they are giving two more recent tests, which I've already taken about 4 recent ones. I wan't to save my recent tests for closer to the Oct. test date. After the diagnostics, they have a 4hour diagnostic review where they go over the hard problems. Do you think it would be wise to not go to these classes? I don't want to blaze through hard material that I should take the time to figure out the problem myself. But I also don't want to waste classes that I spent money for. My goal is to get the highest LSAT score that I can possibly get. What do you think?

bartleby

Silver

Re: Postponed test date--Should I still complete my prep course?

Post by bartleby » Fri May 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Blaze through them. There are literally thousands of LSAT problems. Even if you remember the correct answer and reasoning to every hard question, there are still a ton of other things you can do in the next 4-5 months.

spark1330

New

Post by spark1330 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 pm

I went through this last year. I was taking the summer class for the sep test and I postponed to december. I wanted to save the recent tests for practice later, so I just picked up the diagnostics and left. You can email them and ask for all the answer sheets after. I still attended all the jam sessions and review sessions and took notes so that I could have it for future reference. If I were you, I would still attend the reviews, because honestly, you won't remember the questions they go over with you.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Fri May 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Finish up the course. I was half-hearted about my first prep class and regret it now. Just buckle down, get what you can out of the course, but realize you'll need to keep in practice until the new test date.

h4rryp0tter

New

Post by h4rryp0tter » Sat May 22, 2010 1:57 am

spark1330 wrote:I went through this last year. I was taking the summer class for the sep test and I postponed to december. I wanted to save the recent tests for practice later, so I just picked up the diagnostics and left. You can email them and ask for all the answer sheets after. I still attended all the jam sessions and review sessions and took notes so that I could have it for future reference. If I were you, I would still attend the reviews, because honestly, you won't remember the questions they go over with you.
so you would attend the diagnostic review, but not take the diagnostic? Would it be bad if I just took the diagnostic for the hell of it? I think I've taken around 6~ recent practice tests so far.

spark1330

New

Post by spark1330 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:14 am

h4rryp0tter wrote:
spark1330 wrote:I went through this last year. I was taking the summer class for the sep test and I postponed to december. I wanted to save the recent tests for practice later, so I just picked up the diagnostics and left. You can email them and ask for all the answer sheets after. I still attended all the jam sessions and review sessions and took notes so that I could have it for future reference. If I were you, I would still attend the reviews, because honestly, you won't remember the questions they go over with you.
so you would attend the diagnostic review, but not take the diagnostic? Would it be bad if I just took the diagnostic for the hell of it? I think I've taken around 6~ recent practice tests so far.

Well I took the first two diags because I wasn't planning on postponing at that point. I didn't take the last two diags and just took the tests home. I wanted to save the most recent PT's for later on in my studies. I still attended the reviews for the last two diags because I wanted to take notes on the logic games for future reference. You can take the diags just for the hell of it, yes, but I thought you wanted to save some of the recent tests for practice later on? I guess you can take the diag, I mean, it's good to take practice tests in that kind of environment. It really prepares you well for the actual test day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”