LG Accurate and Complete Lists Help

freddie

LG Accurate and Complete Lists Help

Postby freddie » Fri May 21, 2010 3:49 pm

What is the difference between what these two questions are asking for? The difference in syntax is subtle, but I am pretty sure that they are asking for different things:

1) Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the girls who buy only red dresses?

2) Which one of the following is an accurate and complete list of the girls who could buy only red dresses?

-Thanks in advance for the clarification!

kanetheninja

Re: LG Accurate and Complete Lists Help

Postby kanetheninja » Fri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm

I haven't done all of the LG questions yet, so I'm not sure if I've seen wording 2... But. 1 I've seen no less than a hundred times

Lets give these rules to explain it.

If girl A buys a red dress, girl B does not.
If girl B buys a red dress, girl A does not

1) Which one of the following could be an accurate and complete list of the girls who buy only red dresses?

This would be asking, based on the rules, what's a list of the girls that can actually buy a red dress at a given time. So, no correct answer would have both A and B, because they are mutually exclusive.

2) Which one of the following is an accurate and complete list of the girls who could buy only red dresses?

This one on the other hand looks like it's asking for just a list of girls who may buy(only) a red dress but not necessarily at the same time. Thus, girl A and girl B would need to be in the correct answer choice.

Obviously, I could be wrong.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”