October LSAT in London Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SodaVeins

New

October LSAT in London

Post by SodaVeins » Thu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey, is anyone taking the October LSAT in London? Also, has anyone taken their LSAT in London before... How was it? Any probs? Whats the test center like?

chup

Diamond

Re: October LSAT in London

Post by chup » Thu May 20, 2010 7:45 pm

IBHK

SodaVeins

New

Post by SodaVeins » Thu May 20, 2010 7:51 pm

aschup wrote:IBHK
uh huh....Im new to this thread/forum thing so I still only speak English. Whats ibhk? Or is that like a wave?

*smiles n waves* ...just in case

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Thu May 20, 2010 7:55 pm

SodaVeins wrote:
uh huh....Im new to this thread/forum thing so I still only speak English. Whats ibhk? Or is that like a wave?

*smiles n waves* ...just in case
Oh, sorry. IBHK = In Before hellokitty. She's crazy and has some weird affinity for the Mother Kingdom.

Can't really help you with your question, but you might do better posting it in the LSAT forum.

peaceLilly

New

Post by peaceLilly » Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Thu May 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Damnit!!

SodaVeins

New

Post by SodaVeins » Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 pm

oh ok, wrong forum lol. Thanksss

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 am

I also took my LSAT in london, but then I didn't. I have a friend who did though, it's pretty much the same.

And yay london!!!

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:59 am

I took it there in June 2008. Is yours scheduled at the Ironmonger's Hall?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SodaVeins

New

Post by SodaVeins » Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 pm

I havent registered yet, but I think thats the only testcenter here right?

What was it like? Ive heard some testcenter horror stories...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Fri May 21, 2010 12:14 pm

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:42 pm

SodaVeins wrote:I havent registered yet, but I think thats the only testcenter here right?

What was it like? Ive heard some testcenter horror stories...
Yeah, I think it's the only one in the whole of England if I remember correctly.

Hah. Horror stories. Welllll.....

First off, it's hard to find. I was looking for this medieval building I saw in a photo but it's in an entirely modern area. You need to go through this alleyway into a courtyard to find it. It definitely took 10-15 minutes of wandering on the street and asking a couple businessmen to find that alleyway.

Second, the test was proctored by a couple old pensioners which was hilarious. They didn't quite understand how important the test was but they went through all the regulations and did everything legit as I had expected albeit they sort of stumbled through it all. There was also only one clock at the test center which was barely big enough to see if you weren't in the first couple rows. Definitely bring your own watch.

Third, when we sat down at the desks to start filling everything out someone outside began using a jackhammer. I kid you not. I guess LSAC had sent the construction company a letter to let them know we were testing on this day and time and requested that they not work during that time. Needless to say they did not take this request on board. We kept filling the paperwork out while someone went to talk to the contractor. For the most part it stopped but they did work intermittently throughout the test. At one point we were all just sitting there, waiting for it to stop so we could start the first section and the old English woman who was proctoring goes, "Well. Hmph. Maybe we should just have a go at it then?" This American guy says, "Lady. This is the LSAT. You don't just 'have a go' at the LSAT!" Hilarious (but very frustrating).

I mean yeah, it wasn't ideal and I ended up scoring pretty badly but whether or not that was down to the test site, the jackhammering, or just my nerves has yet to be determined. In retrospect I should've requested they put a comment on my score report about the test disruptions. I retook the test in October when I was back in the US for the summer and did much better. It's not the worst test site and I've heard better horror stories, but it's certainly not the best.

P.S. If you aren't living in London and haven't found a place to stay close to the test center yet, try the YHA St. Paul's. It's where I stayed when I took the test. It's probably only a 10 minute walk from the Ironmonger's Hall. Very clean with TVs and sinks in each room. The bathrooms/showers were clean as well. Also, a free breakfast in the morning which was actually pretty decent. Just a tip.

xqhp82

Bronze

Post by xqhp82 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

I had the thought of taking the test in london, but i decided not since it could get pretty chaotic when it comes to transport/location and I really don't want to stress myself out over these things before the exam. my experience in london has never been pleasant. thank god my term starts late so i can take a few days off and take the test back home before heading back to england...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SodaVeins

New

Post by SodaVeins » Fri May 21, 2010 4:37 pm

webbylu87 wrote:Third, when we sat down at the desks to start filling everything out someone outside began using a jackhammer. I kid you not. I guess LSAC had sent the construction company a letter to let them know we were testing on this day and time and requested that they not work during that time. Needless to say they did not take this request on board. We kept filling the paperwork out while someone went to talk to the contractor. For the most part it stopped but they did work intermittently throughout the test. At one point we were all just sitting there, waiting for it to stop so we could start the first section and the old English woman who was proctoring goes, "Well. Hmph. Maybe we should just have a go at it then?" This American guy says, "Lady. This is the LSAT. You don't just 'have a go' at the LSAT!" Hilarious (but very frustrating).

I mean yeah, it wasn't ideal and I ended up scoring pretty badly but whether or not that was down to the test site, the jackhammering, or just my nerves has yet to be determined. In retrospect I should've requested they put a comment on my score report about the test disruptions. I retook the test in October when I was back in the US for the summer and did much better. It's not the worst test site and I've heard better horror stories, but it's certainly not the best.
Okay...that sucks major balls.

Ill be home all summer, but I start back in London end of September so I have no choice but to take it in London. The proctors sound like they were ok...but the other stuff not so fun.
Ill prob go 'visit' the test center a week or so before the exam so I dont get lost etc. I wonder if its usually the same proctors or not...Ive heard some stories where proctors end a section a couple mins early etc. I think that would kill me.

Thanks alot for your post, it was a real help. Hopefully Ill already have a place to stay/live for the year, if not though I will check out that hostel. Besides that I think the most I can do is take a cab and get there super early. I wonder how many people actually take the LSAT here? Im guessing alot if its the only center in England...

At least theres nothing as bad as soft desks that make you poke through your bubble sheet, or no bathroom etc. Being the overzealous psycho I am when it comes to exams I might write the center/lsat a letter asking if they can ensure no construction etc. is scheduled that day, and reference your incident lool.

Thanks again!! :)

sven

Bronze

Post by sven » Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I was waitlisted for Ironmonger's Hall and placed into the University of London Student Union building for the test in June... Does anybody know if this is better/worse??

SodaVeins

New

Post by SodaVeins » Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

sven wrote:I was waitlisted for Ironmonger's Hall and placed into the University of London Student Union building for the test in June... Does anybody know if this is better/worse??
I didnt actually know there was a second test center in London sven. That being said, if its the University that Im thinking of then the center should be alright. You might want to find it a couple days in advance though. And because it is at a University, you may have more 'clued in' proctors than the type webbylu87 had (old pensioners that had no idea how impt the exam was, and therefore how unacceptable drilling outside the test was).

Be sure to drop back and let us know about the test center after, please :)

sven

Bronze

Post by sven » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm

SodaVeins wrote:
sven wrote:I was waitlisted for Ironmonger's Hall and placed into the University of London Student Union building for the test in June... Does anybody know if this is better/worse??
I didnt actually know there was a second test center in London sven. That being said, if its the University that Im thinking of then the center should be alright. You might want to find it a couple days in advance though. And because it is at a University, you may have more 'clued in' proctors than the type webbylu87 had (old pensioners that had no idea how impt the exam was, and therefore how unacceptable drilling outside the test was).

I'm back. The test center was pretty awesome. No problems at all. The proctors were very much aware of all rules, the room was quiet, and the desks were comfortably-sized.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Day2Daze

New

Post by Day2Daze » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm

For anyone that has taken their LSAT at the Ironmongers Hall in London, how long did it take once you got there till you started the test? Ive read some centers you can be at the center 6 hours (including the test)!

Was the admin part here pretty fast, or slow?? Ill be taking it there and the horror story above kinda has me stressin a bit. If Im gonna be there for 6-7 hours my snack will most likely be alot more than an apple n granola bar, and Ill have to time when I take my med.

Thanks! :)

NapoleonXV

Bronze

Post by NapoleonXV » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 am

sven wrote:
SodaVeins wrote:

I'm back. The test center was pretty awesome. No problems at all. The proctors were very much aware of all rules, the room was quiet, and the desks were comfortably-sized.
I hope the October test goes well. I will take Feb Test on Saturday. Since I will be going to London from Oxford that morning, and having a phone will be very much convenient, do you know if there is any place I can store the phone? Cheers

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”