LSAT on the Brain...over and over

boomer07

LSAT on the Brain...over and over

Postby boomer07 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:17 am

I am not able to stop thinking about the LSAT and it is disrupting my life (i.e. having big time trouble sleeping). It is a mixture of stress, anticipation, thinking specific questions over, speculating, and planning for my last 2 weeks of study. Is anyone else finding it impossible to get the LSAT out of their head? This is no fun

byunbee

Re: LSAT on the Brain...over and over

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:22 am

yeah i felt like that before i took the lsat. then i was consumed by applications after i took the lsat, and then i was stressed about getting into schools after i applied. and i'm sure i'll be stressed about grades when i get to school. so i'm afraid it doesn't really end.

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 am

This was me last year...I obsessed over the LSAT to the point where I couldn't eat and sleep, would spend nights in the 24 hour library on campus, not talk to anyone, not do anything else, etc. I ended up freaking out on test day, hyperventilating and bombing. Not once, but twice. If at all possible, do you best to relax during these last few weeks, unwind. Study hard, but give yourself breaks from it. Don't end up like me. Please.

BigA

Postby BigA » Thu May 20, 2010 2:54 am

hellokitty wrote:This was me last year...I obsessed over the LSAT to the point where I couldn't eat and sleep, would spend nights in the 24 hour library on campus, not talk to anyone, not do anything else, etc. I ended up freaking out on test day, hyperventilating and bombing. Not once, but twice. If at all possible, do you best to relax during these last few weeks, unwind. Study hard, but give yourself breaks from it. Don't end up like me. Please.

:shock: Yikes. Third time the charm?

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Thu May 20, 2010 2:55 am

BigA wrote:
hellokitty wrote:This was me last year...I obsessed over the LSAT to the point where I couldn't eat and sleep, would spend nights in the 24 hour library on campus, not talk to anyone, not do anything else, etc. I ended up freaking out on test day, hyperventilating and bombing. Not once, but twice. If at all possible, do you best to relax during these last few weeks, unwind. Study hard, but give yourself breaks from it. Don't end up like me. Please.

:shock: Yikes. Third time the charm?

Well we see come October...let's hope.

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Thu May 20, 2010 3:11 am

I wouldn't say I'm too stressed (at least not yet) but the LSAT certainly occupies a disturbing portion of my waking thoughts. I can't wait to just get it out of the way in a few weeks.

I'm sure applications and such will bring their own stresses, but at least once I have my LSAT to pair with my GPA I'll have some broad sense of what's next.

I think that's why it's so easy to obsess over: small variations in this arbitrary number can largely determine you future.

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Thu May 20, 2010 3:41 am

A problem for me is that I'm thinking too little about the LSAT in comparison to the other useless crap that goes on in my head, such as getting a clerkship, starting a law firm, starting doc review company, starting my career at Wachtell, starting my own hedge fund, etc.

This is really a problem insofar as I should be spending the majority of my waking hours concentrating on my full-time job or else the LSAT.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 am

Get some exercise, and do something fun. Focusing all your time and energy on this test to the point of losing sleep is not going to help your performance on it, it will probably be to your detriment like hellokitty described. Hit the gym hard a few times, that will really help relieve some of the stress. And go do something that you really enjoy doing, whatever that is.

I have found that the shooting range is the perfect LSAT stress relief, and I would highly recommend it. Even if you don't own a gun, most places will let you rent something like an AR-15 or an AK-47, unless you live in some ridiculously anti-gun city/state. And I don't care what your opinions of guns or gun control is, there is little that rivals the cathartic release of firing high powered military style weapons. Or if you're really adverse to guns, find a moderately priced prostitute and go to town. These are your two options.

Rikkugrrl

Postby Rikkugrrl » Thu May 20, 2010 10:01 am

Anyone remember that mannequins game where you have to dress the mannequins in navy, yellow, or red? I was getting ready for dinner one night and I was putting on a red and navy dress. I reached for my yellow cardigan to go over it and thought "no, wait, one of the rules is I can't wear all three colors together."

That was back when I was having a lot of trouble with games and they were on my mind a lot.

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:Anyone remember that mannequins game where you have to dress the mannequins in navy, yellow, or red? I was getting ready for dinner one night and I was putting on a red and navy dress. I reached for my yellow cardigan to go over it and thought "no, wait, one of the rules is I can't wear all three colors together."

That was back when I was having a lot of trouble with games and they were on my mind a lot.

That's tragic, and also hilarious.

BigA

Postby BigA » Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 am

Oh man. I actually had an LSAT dream last night. Like somebody made another thread about. I was eliminating LR choices in my sleep. Somebody kill me.

DaveBear07

Postby DaveBear07 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:28 am

In all seriousness I had the same dream.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri May 21, 2010 2:24 am

Rikkugrrl wrote:Anyone remember that mannequins game where you have to dress the mannequins in navy, yellow, or red? I was getting ready for dinner one night and I was putting on a red and navy dress. I reached for my yellow cardigan to go over it and thought "no, wait, one of the rules is I can't wear all three colors together."

Lmao that's hilarious!

Yeah man, i'm stressing too. I feel that a lot of people have been doubting me in real life lately, or maybe just trying to temper my expectations. So I put even more pressure on myself to do well (and I already put enough on myself).

I just want to ace this test and then shove it in everyone's faces (although I definitely definitely definitely won't do this...it just makes me feel better to imagine :lol: )

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Fri May 21, 2010 6:10 am

I've been having this kind of recurring dream where I'm taking the LSAT and I get to the first game and I can't get it right off, so I move to the next one, but I don't get that one either, so on to the third and then the fourth, but none of them make sense and I just sit there until time expires for a -23 on the section.

For a while when I was studying intensely everyday I'd also wake up just about every morning thinking about whatever sections I'd worked on the night before.

I'm a bit more relaxed now, but it's also 6:00 AM and I'm on TLS, so yeah.

hemm

Postby hemm » Fri May 21, 2010 6:52 am

Knockglock wrote:I just want to ace this test and then shove it in everyone's faces (although I definitely definitely definitely won't do this...it just makes me feel better to imagine :lol: )

Hah, I'm exactly the same. It feels like as it's getting closer to test time my friends are giving me even more crap about studying so much. One guy said, "No one ever died wishing they had partied less." Actually, someone probably HAS died thinking that, and I definitely would if I studied less now! If I get a high score I'm going to feel REALLY vindicated.

And really, if I can't commit myself to something for 6 months (which is not that much time, honestly, and I'm fortunate to have that time to dedicate to it) I have no business being in a good law school anyway.

Haters gonna hate.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”