a

tipler4213

a

Postby tipler4213 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:32 pm

a
Last edited by tipler4213 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tipler4213

Re: Blueprinters: How much of the HW do you finish?

Postby tipler4213 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:54 pm

a
Last edited by tipler4213 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

nonamebreakdown

Postby nonamebreakdown » Tue May 18, 2010 7:59 pm

I took the course last year. I did almost all the homework until the last couple lessons, then got kinda lazy. I wouldn't worry about doing all the homework in lessons 14-16 since it is mostly just review, but definitely do as much of lessons 11-13 as you can with an emphasis on the lesson that includes sufficient and necessary questions.

HaydenNoble

Postby HaydenNoble » Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 pm

I am in lesson 15 right now and I did the homework thoroughly. Like you have no idea how thorough. I spend a lot of time reviewing questions in trying to figure out how to get the answer quicker or trying to balance when I could not check the other answers because I was pretty sure.

I believe that the later lessons is the greatest chunk of material most similar to the tests. I mean... you are actually timed! Big woop there. If you are only on lesson 10, I suggest you re-schedule for October. Unless if you have a lot of time like me who took the quarter off, by the time you finish all of these lessons you probably won't have time to do enough real PT's. I honestly really mean it.

The homework only gets longer in the later lessons. However, if you really want to take the June LSAT and don't mind not using the latest lessons, after Lesson 14 go start in the supplementary book and start taking practice tests. Seriously no joke. If you find you don't have 3 hour blocks, then go ahead and do the Lessons since the homework you can do in 10 minute chunks. Make sure to start with the most recent tests!

But really though, if you are only on lesson 10 and you haven't been in depth in doing your homework and you treat the homework as if "OH. It is homework that I need to turn in" then you are better off waiting until October.

I'll even count approximately how many questions are left for you to finish the lessons starting with 11.
In all you have about 1800 questions. Each of the last 3 lessons have over 300 questions in the homework. With 20 days left, you can try doing 180 problems a day (equivalent of 1.5 PT's). But even if you spent 3 minutes per question doing it and reviewing it, you would require 9 hours to finish.

I left a really quant-based post because I myself actually wanted to evaluate this time left. If I were in your position, like I said earlier finish lesson 13 to practice the nasty sufficient and necessary questions and learn your methods. Although I do like blueprint methods, of course sometimes you find an even better method. This is what these homeworks are for, to get situated with the methods. You can just do half the homework if you feel like that you've internalized the techniques.

Good luck and p.m. me if you need anything!

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 9:03 pm

I did it for Feb. I only gave myself about a month, so I was already screwed, but I did all the books and most of the home work. I would say you need to be doing more tests. You have to at least take the 4 5-section ones. The whole thing is good, but unless you are really pushing the home work and a bunch of tests I would say put it off. If you are going to try and get through it do as many videos as you can and then really hit the home work and tests.

Shasha Dew Dew

Postby Shasha Dew Dew » Tue May 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Edit: Relied on Powerscore, Manhattan, and Velocity.
With loads and loads of self study!
Last edited by Shasha Dew Dew on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confused&Pissed

Postby Confused&Pissed » Tue May 18, 2010 11:07 pm

I did the course in about 6 weeks and did every homework problem except for the homework assigned in lessons 15 and 16. I am taking practice PT's and didn't want repeated questions to inflate my score. I was scoring like raw of 88-89 before blueprint, now I am scoring about 92 raw.

makingwaves

Postby makingwaves » Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 am

I did all the homework until about lesson 5 or so and I did about half for the rest of the lessons. I did it this way because I wanted to save some of the questions for practice if I was really having trouble with a specific question type. The only thing I did not do this for is the games. LG is my strong suit, but I did them all to practice my setups and making inferences etc. I mixed the homework with sections from the 10 Actual, Next 10, etc books, because the BP course comes with a bunch of the newer tests and I wanted to do the newer stuff closer to game day.

Lessons 14-16 are mostly review -- I've only used bits and pieces because I just do not have the time it would take to do all those problems and so close to the test I feel like whole tests are more important. I use it for practice while i'm watching tv, at work, etc. on off days from testing.

My advice would be to do less homework and more practice tests at this point.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”