Page 7 of 9

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:41 pm
by romothesavior
webbylu87 wrote:This thread kind of makes me wish I was a guy in a lot of ways. Things seem so much easier as a guy.


How in the hell do you reach that conclusion, especially based on what is in this thread?

And fwiw, nearly every girl I know agrees that guys have it harder in relationships (financially, emotionally, responsibility-wise, etc.) You have it harder in childbirth. Even trade? :P

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:42 pm
by 09042014
webbylu87 wrote:This thread kind of makes me wish I was a guy in a lot of ways. Things seem so much easier as a guy.


A lot of bravado in this thread. It's easy to say, fuck that ho, go slay some bitches. But in that situation a lot of us pussy out. There are some guys (a lot less than half) who take break ups easy. But the rest take break ups worse than women do.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 pm
by romothesavior
Desert Fox wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:This thread kind of makes me wish I was a guy in a lot of ways. Things seem so much easier as a guy.


A lot of bravado in this thread. It's easy to say, fuck that ho, go slay some bitches. But in that situation a lot of us pussy out. There are some guys (a lot less than half) who take break ups easy. But the rest take break ups worse than women do.


+1. Behind the bravado is often a very hurt guy. To this day, I call my ex every name in the book (the C-word is my favorite, and those of you going to WUSTL will hear it often). I often say I hate my ex's guts. I've had my fair share of hookups since then and the casual observer would probably think I'm way over her. But at the end of the day, I really miss her and wish I could go back and do things differently.

Guys don't show relationship pains outwardly like girls do, which leads to this misconception that we don't care. Girls cry and run off with their friends at parties to bitch and moan when they're upset, whereas most guys (myself included) just bottle up and don't talk much when we're upset. I was an emotional wreck for my entire fall semester, and although I never let it show out in public, some of my very closest friends can tell you how torn up I was.

The bottom line is that guy's don't have it easier in relationships.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm
by webbylu87
romothesavior wrote:And fwiw, nearly every girl I know agrees that guys have it harder in relationships (financially, emotionally, responsibility-wise, etc.) You have it harder in childbirth. Even trade? :P


I don't know that guys have it harder in relationships. I just think the nature of the sacrifices each partner makes is characteristically different and it's therefore hard to compare. I suppose it depends on the dynamic within the couple so obviously in some situations one will sacrifice more than the other. I certainly don't expect a guy to provide for me financially, emotionally, etc... It's an equal partnership and really that's the only way it should be, IMO. And as far as childbirth goes, this shit scares me to death.

Desert Fox wrote:A lot of bravado in this thread. It's easy to say, fuck that ho, go slay some bitches. But in that situation a lot of us pussy out. There are some guys (a lot less than half) who take break ups easy. But the rest take break ups worse than women do.


Fair. Just speaking personally, but if my friends said "Go fuck a fat dude. You'll feel better." I'd seriously doubt their sanity. Why on Earth would that make me feel better? I'd feel worse. Send me Brad Pitt and THAT would make me feel better.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:07 pm
by 09042014
webbylu87 wrote:
Fair. Just speaking personally, but if my friends said "Go fuck a fat dude. You'll feel better." I'd seriously doubt their sanity. Why on Earth would that make me feel better? I'd feel worse. Send me Brad Pitt and THAT would make me feel better.


It keeps your mind off the break up. The worst part is that a guy who is hurting after a break up is VERY unattractive to a woman.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:10 pm
by jmhendri
It took me forever to rebound, and my ex had already started working on some plain Starbucks barista with in days of our official break up. I wish I had an easier time slumin' it.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm
by mazzini
Send me Brad Pitt and THAT would make me feel better.


You rang...?

Also, OP, bitches ain't shit.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm
by IAFG
Desert Fox wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
Fair. Just speaking personally, but if my friends said "Go fuck a fat dude. You'll feel better." I'd seriously doubt their sanity. Why on Earth would that make me feel better? I'd feel worse. Send me Brad Pitt and THAT would make me feel better.


It keeps your mind off the break up. The worst part is that a guy who is hurting after a break up is VERY unattractive to a woman.

not on his A-game and if i know he is just getting out of something, i am worried i am the rebound girl... yeah it's lose

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm
by zILch
Desert Fox wrote:The worst part is that a guy who is hurting after a break up is VERY unattractive to a woman.



I tend to disagree: I've used the "I'm going through a tough breakup" line a number of times. Maybe I'm an asshole, but women seem to like helping me through a "rough patch" by offering advice and insight into the way they operate... and by providing other comforts.

To the OP: Good luck, man. I do hate break-ups, and I couldn't imagine doing it right before the LSAT. I hope you can figure out a way to turn it into a positive, whatever kind of emotion best motivates you. I'm sure you'll destroy that test!

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm
by jmhendri
zILch wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The worst part is that a guy who is hurting after a break up is VERY unattractive to a woman.



I tend to disagree: I've used the "I'm going through a tough breakup" line a number of times. Maybe I'm an asshole, but women seem to like helping me through a "rough patch" by offering advice and insight into the way they operate... and by providing other comforts.

To the OP: Good luck, man. I do hate break-ups, and I couldn't imagine doing it right before the LSAT. I hope you can figure out a way to turn it into a positive, whatever kind of emotion best motivates you. I'm sure you'll destroy that test!



That might be because you assume the guy coming out of a relationship hasn't been whoring around lately and might even be jonesin' for some cuddle time.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm
by mazzini
jmhendri wrote:
zILch wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The worst part is that a guy who is hurting after a break up is VERY unattractive to a woman.



I tend to disagree: I've used the "I'm going through a tough breakup" line a number of times. Maybe I'm an asshole, but women seem to like helping me through a "rough patch" by offering advice and insight into the way they operate... and by providing other comforts.

To the OP: Good luck, man. I do hate break-ups, and I couldn't imagine doing it right before the LSAT. I hope you can figure out a way to turn it into a positive, whatever kind of emotion best motivates you. I'm sure you'll destroy that test!



That might be because you assume the guy coming out of a relationship hasn't been whoring around lately and might even be jonesin' for some cuddle time.


Always with the cuddling... we are only ever jonesin' for cuddle time if we think it will be followed by sexy time.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm
by webbylu87
Desert Fox wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
Fair. Just speaking personally, but if my friends said "Go fuck a fat dude. You'll feel better." I'd seriously doubt their sanity. Why on Earth would that make me feel better? I'd feel worse. Send me Brad Pitt and THAT would make me feel better.


It keeps your mind off the break up. The worst part is that a guy who is hurting after a break up is VERY unattractive to a woman.


Makes sense. I guess my initial comment about being a guy seeming easier had to deal with the fact that guys seem so able to quickly judge and deem a person worthwhile (i.e. very attractive) or not (i.e. go fuck a fat girl to feel better about yourself). I would never presume or say that I don't have standards in terms of physical attractiveness but to a certain extent I'm jealous of guys' ability to seemingly disregard the emotional ramifications for other people they may decide to use to make themselves feel better. I won't try to say that all men or women are like this or not as that's certainly not the case, just that personally I find it very hard to do this. I'm just speaking in the context of the sentiments expressed in this thread. As someone who has been burned by men and relationships in the past (like everyone has), it'd be really hard for me to go into a situation not giving a fuck about someone. But not everyone is like that, which I can appreciate.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:20 pm
by JasonR
As I'm sure others have said, she's either banging someone else or planning to do so in short order. Get away from her immediately, knock out the LSAT, and move on with your life.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:25 pm
by webbylu87
webbylu87 wrote:I'm jealous of guys' ability to seemingly disregard the emotional ramifications for other people they may decide to use to make themselves feel better. I won't try to say that all men or women are like this or not as that's certainly not the case, just that personally I find it very hard to do this.


...That said, what I think when I'm drunk and what I think when I'm sober can often be two different things.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 pm
by Marionberry
.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm
by webbylu87
Marionberry wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
it'd be really hard for me to go into a situation not giving a fuck about someone. But not everyone is like that, which I can appreciate.


It has a great deal to do with how little personal worth you deem someone to have, which is pretty much determined by how stupid, vapid, shallow, unattractive, etc. they are. When I was younger I could do this with little guilt, but as I've gotten older it's not something I can live with. It isn't an issue now, as I'm in a committed relatinship, but when you're 20 years old it's easier to live with yourself for whatever reason. If it's a hookup thing with no strings attached, however, it's pretty easy for a guy to do it without guilt. Provided it's a consenting adult who isn't significantly more intoxicated (read: unconscious) than you are, go for it. And while a lot of the "fuck that ho" advice on here is easier said than done, it's still often and in OP's case I think, the right advice.

So, OP, fuck that ho, go slay some bitches.


Bah. I've lost faith in guys my age. Older men FTW.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:36 pm
by 09042014
If the bitches are willing, why should one feel guilty?

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:41 pm
by webbylu87
Desert Fox wrote:If the bitches are willing, why should one feel guilty?


If I implied one should feel guilty for random hook-ups I didn't mean to. What consenting adults do is their own business. I'm just not a fan of the judgmental mentality expressed ITT primarily because it's so different from my own.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:43 pm
by johnstuartmill
Your problem, OP, is that until today, you have not taken enough relationship advice from the Internet.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:44 pm
by johnstuartmill
romothesavior wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:This thread kind of makes me wish I was a guy in a lot of ways. Things seem so much easier as a guy.


A lot of bravado in this thread. It's easy to say, fuck that ho, go slay some bitches. But in that situation a lot of us pussy out. There are some guys (a lot less than half) who take break ups easy. But the rest take break ups worse than women do.


+1. Behind the bravado is often a very hurt guy. To this day, I call my ex every name in the book (the C-word is my favorite, and those of you going to WUSTL will hear it often). I often say I hate my ex's guts. I've had my fair share of hookups since then and the casual observer would probably think I'm way over her. But at the end of the day, I really miss her and wish I could go back and do things differently.

Guys don't show relationship pains outwardly like girls do, which leads to this misconception that we don't care. Girls cry and run off with their friends at parties to bitch and moan when they're upset, whereas most guys (myself included) just bottle up and don't talk much when we're upset. I was an emotional wreck for my entire fall semester, and although I never let it show out in public, some of my very closest friends can tell you how torn up I was.

The bottom line is that guy's don't have it easier in relationships.


Romo, you're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm
by daesonesb
webbylu87 wrote:
seemingly disregard the emotional ramifications for other people they may decide to use to make themselves feel better. I won't try to say that all men or women are like this or not as that's certainly not the case, just that personally I find it very hard to do this. I'm just speaking in the context of the sentiments expressed in this thread. As someone who has been burned by men and relationships in the past (like everyone has), it'd be really hard for me to go into a situation not giving a fuck about someone. But not everyone is like that, which I can appreciate.


No more of this talk.
Sentiments are gonna get the OP in trouble right now.
Your own relationship issues are the topic of another thread. Possibly a therapy session. That shit actually helps... I did it once.
Regardless, at this precise moment, the best therapy OP can get is to not live with his girl anymore, watch swingers, call his buddies, and do some man shit.
He knows the score though, I think.
There is absomuhfuckinglutely no way I'd live with my girlfriend if we broke up. I don't care if you are friends, that shit is gonna drive you crazy.

I'm actually kind of jealous of the level of freedom you are gonna have once you get past this shit. Also, when you get back that 167-170 on your LSAT, I'm jealous of the confidence boost you'll have while single. I wasn't single when I got back my LSAT score, but knowing that I was gonna get into some good schools gave me a lot more confidence at a time when I was looking for it.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:51 pm
by Always Credited
webbylu87 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
it'd be really hard for me to go into a situation not giving a fuck about someone. But not everyone is like that, which I can appreciate.


It has a great deal to do with how little personal worth you deem someone to have, which is pretty much determined by how stupid, vapid, shallow, unattractive, etc. they are. When I was younger I could do this with little guilt, but as I've gotten older it's not something I can live with. It isn't an issue now, as I'm in a committed relatinship, but when you're 20 years old it's easier to live with yourself for whatever reason. If it's a hookup thing with no strings attached, however, it's pretty easy for a guy to do it without guilt. Provided it's a consenting adult who isn't significantly more intoxicated (read: unconscious) than you are, go for it. And while a lot of the "fuck that ho" advice on here is easier said than done, it's still often and in OP's case I think, the right advice.

So, OP, fuck that ho, go slay some bitches.


Bah. I've lost faith in guys my age. Older men FTW.


Older guys don't suddenly stop wanting to hook up with random girls at will. They usually simply can't do it as easily, or at all, because they're committed in some way.

Plus, do you really want a guy with saggy balls?

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:53 pm
by webbylu87
daesonesb wrote:No more of this talk.
Sentiments are gonna get the OP in trouble right now.
Your own relationship issues are the topic of another thread. Possibly a therapy session. That shit actually helps... I did it once.
Regardless, at this precise moment, the best therapy OP can get is to not live with his girl anymore, watch swingers, call his buddies, and do some man shit.
He knows the score though, I think.
There is absomuhfuckinglutely no way I'd live with my girlfriend if we broke up. I don't care if you are friends, that shit is gonna drive you crazy.


Sorry, that wasn't my intention. Just got caught up in the conversation. Wasn't trying to talk about my "issues" ( :roll: ) just commenting on the thoughts expressed to help the OP.

For the record, OP, you do need to move out. Get away and focus on your life. Ultimately that's all you can do. You obviously need some space and freedom just like she does and you can't get that living with her. Stay with a friend or something. Oh, and go slay some bitches.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:55 pm
by Marionberry
.

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm
by Always Credited
webbylu87 wrote:
daesonesb wrote:No more of this talk.
Sentiments are gonna get the OP in trouble right now.
Your own relationship issues are the topic of another thread. Possibly a therapy session. That shit actually helps... I did it once.
Regardless, at this precise moment, the best therapy OP can get is to not live with his girl anymore, watch swingers, call his buddies, and do some man shit.
He knows the score though, I think.
There is absomuhfuckinglutely no way I'd live with my girlfriend if we broke up. I don't care if you are friends, that shit is gonna drive you crazy.


Sorry, that wasn't my intention. Just got caught up in the conversation. Wasn't trying to talk about my "issues" ( :roll: ) just commenting on the thoughts expressed to help the OP.

For the record, OP, you do need to move out. Get away and focus on your life. Ultimately that's all you can do. You obviously need some space and freedom just like she does and you can't get that living with her. Stay with a friend or something. Oh, and go slay some bitches.


Bitches here defined as either one or many conscious, consenting females - preferably without baby-daddy issues, you don't want that shit - of any score on a 1-10 scale.