blaaaa Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bigc2

New

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Post by bigc2 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:08 pm

ze2151 wrote:Kibblesnvick- HUGE +1 to your post, and I can't believe it took 4 pages before someone put up the D.E.N.N.I.S. system!

again, OP- "space" is poor code for "i don't have the guts and common decency to break up with you right now, but i want to." maybe she's waiting to completely cut the cord until after your lease runs up. til then, she'll keep you on the hook for the sake of (what sounds like) a pretty awesome apartment.

dump her. be an absolutely miserable roommate, and win this war of attrition. as many have said, anger plays well on test day. be completely inconsiderate and rude. it will be awesome.

i ran your story by my wife, and before i finished, she cut me off and said "this girl is using him." run your story by 10 women and see what they say.

As a female myself who is in a long term relationship, I can definitely tell you this girl is either a.) too chicken to break up with you outright, b.) the most selfish person ever, or c.) DEFINITELY BOTH A AND B.

You need to stop even thinking about her and start thinking ONLY about the test. I agree with previous posts: use it as an escape from all of the emotional crap! Preferably not in your apartment, but wherever you have to be to make it work. Every time you start to think of her, do a logic game. Every time you want to "sort stuff out and work on it" do some mind-numbing reading comp, and every time you feel sad, do your own logical reasoning and realize she is being a world class biatch for creating this situation weeks before one of the most important tests of your life.

Seriously dude, a year from now (even less than that) you'll look back at this situation and (I hope, for your sake) be SO glad you put that crap to rest and went all out on this test. Take it from someone who knows from experience, doing really well on this test (and you're obviously capable, scoring in the 165+ range) will transform your life in a way this girl will only wish she could. Good luck to you!! In fact, I hope you never even read this post because you have stopped caring about this for the time being, and therefore stopped reading this thread. Kick some LSAT ass, and then move out of your apartment.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Tue May 18, 2010 2:10 pm

WWAD wrote:Also, the worst thing you could do now is start a "dialog" based on our advice. Just do it. Ask her to stay with her friend and then study outside the appt anyway, so if she "happens to drop by" you wont be there.
^
Also, by studying outside of the apt you wont see things that make you think of her/the relationship.

Don't let her drag you down.

Everyone that is telling you F her and just focus on you and your goals is right on the $.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 2:10 pm

just keep repeating:

I'm gonna kick some ass! I'm gonna rise up, gonna kick a little ass! Rock, flag, and eagle!

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Tue May 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Listen to 99 Problems a lot too

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Tue May 18, 2010 2:13 pm

It seems like there is a lot that you keep not telling us, and that we only learn these new tidbits at random points. While the fact remains that you need to get over this bump and study for the LSAT, I am starting to think that you brought this upon yourself. From your last couple posts, it seems that your GF was at least thinking about you, and she was trying to be considerate and let you get through the LSAT before dropping the bomb on you, but you pressured her into making a decision before the LSAT. You were the one who "felt space would be better than...knowing what road we were going down" and now you have the answer, but just can't deal with it.
jr8966 wrote:She was going to wait until after the LSAT, but I manned up and called the situation like I saw it. I felt space would be better than me knowing what road we were going down. I was very stern in asking her to leave and that I would make her leave if she was not serious about working through things.
jr8966 wrote:She would not have to pay rent at her friend's house either, and it is closer to her workplace. I left the door open, but she is still trying. I am going to use the LSAT as a way of getting through this, but the initial reaction is still tough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Tue May 18, 2010 2:13 pm

bigc2 wrote:
ze2151 wrote:Kibblesnvick- HUGE +1 to your post, and I can't believe it took 4 pages before someone put up the D.E.N.N.I.S. system!

again, OP- "space" is poor code for "i don't have the guts and common decency to break up with you right now, but i want to." maybe she's waiting to completely cut the cord until after your lease runs up. til then, she'll keep you on the hook for the sake of (what sounds like) a pretty awesome apartment.

dump her. be an absolutely miserable roommate, and win this war of attrition. as many have said, anger plays well on test day. be completely inconsiderate and rude. it will be awesome.

i ran your story by my wife, and before i finished, she cut me off and said "this girl is using him." run your story by 10 women and see what they say.

As a female myself who is in a long term relationship, I can definitely tell you this girl is either a.) too chicken to break up with you outright, b.) the most selfish person ever, or c.) DEFINITELY BOTH A AND B.

You need to stop even thinking about her and start thinking ONLY about the test. I agree with previous posts: use it as an escape from all of the emotional crap! Preferably not in your apartment, but wherever you have to be to make it work. Every time you start to think of her, do a logic game. Every time you want to "sort stuff out and work on it" do some mind-numbing reading comp, and every time you feel sad, do your own logical reasoning and realize she is being a world class biatch for creating this situation weeks before one of the most important tests of your life.

Seriously dude, a year from now (even less than that) you'll look back at this situation and (I hope, for your sake) be SO glad you put that crap to rest and went all out on this test. Take it from someone who knows from experience, doing really well on this test (and you're obviously capable, scoring in the 165+ range) will transform your life in a way this girl will only wish she could. Good luck to you!! In fact, I hope you never even read this post because you have stopped caring about this for the time being, and therefore stopped reading this thread. Kick some LSAT ass, and then move out of your apartment.
Definitely too chicken to break up with you outright. Which means she is sick of you and wants to see what's out there but likes the emotional crutch and "best friend" you provide. Girls are ruthless, dude. When she finds the next guy and she feels safe that he can be the emotional crutch, she'll drop you like a bad habit.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Last edited by Marionberry on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Tue May 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Marionberry wrote:Needs some space but doesn't want to break up yet-------->triflin' ho.
credited

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Tue May 18, 2010 2:22 pm

sarlis wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Needs some space but doesn't want to break up yet-------->triflin' ho.
credited

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue May 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Just isolate yourself from reality in the library with the LSAT for the next three weeks.

My LSAT instructor for Kaplan got dumped before the LSAT and he said he just studied for two weeks straight and got a 174ish.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue May 18, 2010 2:29 pm

jarofsoup wrote:Just isolate yourself from reality in the library with the LSAT for the next three weeks.

My LSAT instructor for Kaplan got dumped before the LSAT and he said he just studied for two weeks straight and got a 174ish.
this would work if he were angry. he is waaay too emo-y/in denial to leverage this

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm

No I am angry...I have to show my stones. My music went from Dashboard Confessional to Pantera....

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 pm

jr8966 wrote:No I am angry...I have to show my stones. My music went from Dashboard Confessional to Pantera....
This song bro, I promise

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm

jr8966 wrote:No I am angry...I have to show my stones. My music went from Dashboard Confessional to Pantera....
Pantera? Man up. This should be your jam right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVfafSxb0qo

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

This is the greatest break up song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxMafF6mj1E

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

I learned the language early on:

"I want to take a break" = I'm not into you, or this, we're breaking up and I'm probably gonna sleep with someone else pretty soon.

"I need some Space" = I'm not into you, or this, we're breaking up and I'm probably gonna sleep with someone else pretty soon.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:40 pm

oberlin08 wrote:I learned the language early on:

"I want to take a break" = I'm not into you, or this, we're breaking up and I'm probably gonna sleep with someone else pretty soon.

"I need some Space" = I'm not into you, or this, we're breaking up and I'm probably gonna sleep with someone else pretty soon.
Sometimes it just means, "I'm breaking up with you forever, but I want to do it gently."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Sometimes it just means, "I'm breaking up with you forever, but I want to do it gently."
Or "I'm already sleeping with someone else but I don't want to scar you for life."

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Or "I'm already sleeping with someone else but I don't want to scar you for life."
IMO, this is justified. If you cheating on a guy, it is better to just break up, and don't let him know about the cheating. That is just insult to injury.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

IMO, this is justified. If you cheating on a guy, it is better to just break up, and don't let him know about the cheating. That is just insult to injury.
I'd rather know tbh. Makes the getting over it process faster

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

During your LSAT study breaks, bring some bar bait back to the apartment for some R&R. And by R&R I mean loud, raucous sex.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

kittenmittons wrote: I'd rather know tbh. Makes the getting over it process faster
getting cheated on makes guys assholes to the next girl(s). tiNtcr

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Always Credited wrote: During your LSAT study breaks, bring some bar bait back to the apartment for some R&R. And by R&R I mean loud, raucous sex.
Disagree. If you are going to play that game who do you think will win? The heart broken (-1)L, or the girl?

Play it totally cold, like it doesn't hurt you at all. If she thinks you don't care at all, that is the worst.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Then you should have broken up before sleeping with some one else. Men will break up for the prospect of something better, which can be stupid. Women like to make sure the next thing is locked down first. It must be an old survival of the fittest thing.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm

IAFG wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:I'd rather know tbh. Makes the getting over it process faster
getting cheated on makes guys assholes to the next girl(s). tiNtcr
crazy talk.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”