blaaaa Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jr8966

New

blaaaa

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:31 am

Last edited by jr8966 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bert

Bronze

Re: Coping with breakup right before LSAT

Post by Bert » Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

Does she have her own room/bed or is one of you on the couch?

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Tue May 18, 2010 11:35 am

--ImageRemoved--

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:40 am

All couch for me. LOL Luckily my apartment living room has a gorgeous view of the US Capitol and DC. Any advice?

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 am

Last edited by stratocophic on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 am

This is exactly what I need! Keep it coming! I LOVE TLS!

ze2151

Bronze

Post by ze2151 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:51 am

she's not your wife, so tell her to go pound sand. there are 3 billion women in the world. she seems like the only one and some special snowflake right now, but she isn't. if she had been, you would have married her. the lsat is just plain too important for you to allow feelings to hinder your performance. best of luck to you, my friend!

utswdukie80

New

Post by utswdukie80 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 am

Stop being a little bitch. Seriously. You're about to take one of the biggest tests of your life and you're worried about your girlfriend wanting some space? Either she'll jump on board or she won't, you can't control it. Man up and crush the LSAT.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 am

You might end up together, you might not. You will take the LSAT. You will dominate. In five years, if you're not together, she'll wish she never made you think twice, when you roll up in a 'vet with her hot ______________ (insert: sister/best friend/boss/all three)
Last edited by holydonkey on Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am

Your relationship is out of your hands. She is in control of it. You cannot "work" on it until she says she wants to. Anything you do with "your best friend" to "work" on it will be seen as desperate. One thing that you can work on, which will impact the rest of your life for sure is your LSAT. Sit at your table and stare at the capital. If that is not motivation enough for you then you are not really into the law. Every emotion drains you for the LSAT except one. If you are nervous or sad it sucks. So get mad. Treat the test like a challenge to who you are and beat it. You being focused on the test and doing well will be the best thing for any possible future relationship. I know it sucks and it has to be tough, but as they say in the Waterboy (he had to overcome relationship problems too) "you can do it".

scottstot

New

Post by scottstot » Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 am

utswdukie80 wrote:Stop being a little bitch.
ze2151 wrote:she's not your wife, so tell her to go pound sand.
^ this. then go slam some beers at union pub

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:01 pm

WWAD wrote:Your relationship is out of your hands. She is in control of it. You cannot "work" on it until she says she wants to. Anything you do with "your best friend" to "work" on it will be seen as desperate. One thing that you can work on, which will impact the rest of your life for sure is your LSAT. Sit at your table and stare at the capital. If that is not motivation enough for you then you are not really into the law. Every emotion drains you for the LSAT except one. If you are nervous or sad it sucks. So get mad. Treat the test like a challenge to who you are and beat it. You being focused on the test and doing well will be the best thing for any possible future relationship. I know it sucks and it has to be tough, but as they say in the Waterboy (he had to overcome relationship problems too) "you can do it".
Wow deep. This is the approach I have taken. It is just always to think of life goals in a greater context with other goals. This situation just pretty much felt like a ton of bricks. All of you are really helping. Thanks for the support.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 pm

I had a similar issue with my then current gf. It got in my way and affected my LSAT prep. I'd say to postpone the LSAT and dump your gf or it will costs you some points. Secondly, your current gf is interfering with your true potential.

Sounds like your gf has abandonment issues. Make her day and dump her and don't ever call her back. She will just get in your way.

If your relationship is out of your hands, then it is not a relationship. Dump that bitch!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm

anger can be a great motivator. just don't take her calls or texts and don't initiate them.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 pm

IAFG wrote:anger can be a great motivator. just don't take her calls or texts and don't initiate them.
I am not sure that will devastate her, she walks by him to get to the kitchen.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Go watch fight club. Seriously.

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Tue May 18, 2010 12:13 pm

I don't like the "sit at your table" part of WWAD's post. Get out of the house -- go to a quiet library and study someplace where you have nothing to remind you of her. The LSAT is the most important thing right now even though you may not think it. Do not focus on your relationship until after the LSAT.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 pm

She wanted to continue to live together because she wants to get back together eventually. She said she will just mix time spending nights over with a gf. I am just running with this since I figure that I will still have to adress life after the LSAT. She would have left if she really wanted to leave.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:18 pm

jr8966 wrote:She wanted to continue to live together because she wants to get back together eventually. She said she will just mix time spending nights over with a gf. I am just running with this since I figure that I will still have to adress life after the LSAT. She would have left if she really wanted to leave.
Whose apartment is it? LSAT aside, you seem a bit whipped, man. I'm all for treating your woman with respect, but she seems to be calling all the shots here.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Tue May 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I went through this. We decided to stick it out together through the LSAT process just so I wouldn't have to think about it until after. I think I could have picked up at least 4 or 5 more points if I'd been over it sooner.

OnWisconsin

Bronze

Post by OnWisconsin » Tue May 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Use some Old Spice Products leading up to your test.

Evidently their products ensure your success as well as confirming your possession of a Y chromosome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Tue May 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Maybe she's worried about all of the hot girls you'll meet being back on a college campus. Sounds like she's trying to sabotage your efforts to keep you away from them.

You should focus on the LSAT and all of the hot UG and LS girls you'll be hanging out with next year. Two years from now, your 3 year relationship will be a distant memory.

Also, move the F out of that apartment. Go stay with some friends or something. Living with her while you're separated will create a vacuum of drama that will be detrimental to your independence and success.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:21 pm

This happened with me too. I was living with my gf and we broke up right before I took the LSAT. Mine was messier though and distracting because we didn't get along afterwards. It took some time but I was eventually able to get her to move out. It's tough but my best advice for you is to spend as much time away from your apartment as possible for the time being and address the situation after the exam when you have the time. The impact that the LSAT will have on your future career is enormous. You must give it 100% of your attention.

leftofthedial

New

Post by leftofthedial » Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 pm

jr8966 wrote:She wanted to continue to live together because she wants to get back together eventually. She said she will just mix time spending nights over with a gf.
Sorry man, but this situation doesn't work. Never has, never will. Space is fine, but if that's what she wants, then she needs to spend all her nights over with a gf. This situation is just slow torture...

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 pm

jr8966 wrote:She wanted to continue to live together because she wants to get back together eventually. She said she will just mix time spending nights over with a gf. I am just running with this since I figure that I will still have to adress life after the LSAT. She would have left if she really wanted to leave.
Irrespective of what her true motivation is, assume the following:

she's waiting to see how you turn out; 1. If jr8966 gets into T14 (meaning he'll be banging big buck thus worth the investment), then get back together. 2. If jr8966 did not get into T14 (meaning he'll be stuck doing doc review), then dump him.

Hope this is motivation enough for you to concentrate on LSAT.
She said she will just mix time spending nights over with a gf.
A song is streaming through my head:

feel it in the air / as I'm doin' my hair / preparing for another day
A kiss upon my cheek / as he reluctantly / as if I'm gonna be out late
I say "I won't be long. Just hangin' with the girls." / A lie I didn't have to tell
Because we both know / where I'm about to go / and we know it very well

[Bridge:]
'Cause I know that he knows I'm unfaithful / and it kills him inside
To know that I am happy with some other guy / I can see him dying

Rihanna, "Unfaithful"

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”