LSAT While Abroad/ Online LSAT Prep Class

LSAT While Abroad/ Online LSAT Prep Class

Postby hoosierball » Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

Does anyone have any experience preparing for the LSAT test while abroad?
I will be abroad for the year, and taking it after I come back (two weeks after I come back)

Furthermore, does anyone have any experience using Online LSAT prep classes, any suggestions, if it worked well, if it is a waste of time, what classes are best.

I am likely looking at the 163-168 range, so I am looking for a class that can at least put me in that range.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

bp colin

Re: LSAT While Abroad/ Online LSAT Prep Class

Postby bp colin » Tue May 18, 2010 1:25 pm

I teach for Blueprint, and I think our online course is pretty fantastic. The curriculum contains all the released problems, and the lessons are streaming hd videos. There's also an email helpline, in addition to many other features. PM me if you've got any questions about it. There's also a thread about Blueprint the Movie, so if you want opinions about the course there are a ton of people there you could ask:

Re: LSAT While Abroad/ Online LSAT Prep Class

Postby tomwatts » Tue May 18, 2010 2:02 pm

(Full disclosure: I teach for Princeton Review and do teach online.) I've always strongly recommended live online courses over recorded courses if you can take them, because then you have an instructor who's right there who can answer your questions and explain things in different ways if you get confused, and I've always recommended as courses that are longer than the short (30-40 hours) ones that some companies offer. Our 55-hour LiveOnline course fits the bill as far as that goes: it has far more teaching hours than any other online course has, and trust me, with the LSAT, you need it; more help = more likely to get a higher score.

As far as I know, most online courses (whether live or recorded) come with a full set of materials (that is, access to all released LSAT questions), some way or other of getting extra help on topics/questions you're particularly confused about, and a variety of other good features. The thing to do is to start looking at which ones provide these things in a format that you like (helpline vs. live instructor, that sort of thing). There's no one perfect answer for everybody.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”