Past deadline to change LSAT date?

rsd765

Past deadline to change LSAT date?

Postby rsd765 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 pm

So I just looked online as I was curious as to what the deadline was for changing from June to October, and it says it was yesterday! Am I 100% out of luck?

LSAT Blog

Re: Past deadline to change LSAT date?

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Sadly, yes. The deadline has passed. You're out of luck in that you can't postpone your test date registration.

Your options are to take it, be absent, or cancel.

Missing the deadline really isn't that big a deal. A lot of people will have things happen to them in the 3 weeks between the postponement deadline and test date that prevent someone from taking it on test day. These people will be in the same boat, and admission officers understand this.

A recent thread discussed this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=117833

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Actually, your options are to take it and cancel, take it and not cancel, or be absent.

I definitely recommend the first option if you genuinely don't feel prepared.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon May 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Touche. As you may have guessed, I meant "take it" as in "take it without canceling."

If we're really listing every option, there's one not yet considered:

OP could cancel without taking it.

In this option, OP could also show up, take his/her seat, immediately cancel without looking at a single test question, then go outside and frolic in the sunlight while everyone else sits inside, crouched over their desks, frantically scribbling.

Pros and Cons of This Option

Pro = OP is not exposed to this exam, which allows OP to accurately gauge his/her abilities when taking it as a full-length timed practice test in October.

Pro = OP gets to be happy knowing that others are working hard while he/she experiences sunlight and frolics.

Con = OP doesn't get the benefit of getting a dry run in a test center under timed conditions with real proctors.

-Steve

rsd765

Postby rsd765 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm going to take it and likely NOT cancel, unless of course I feel like I need to after taking the test.

Was panicking a bit earlier when I saw the deadline has passed, but I'm all good now. Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”