deleted-ty for help

h4rryp0tter

deleted-ty for help

Postby h4rryp0tter » Mon May 17, 2010 4:24 am

decided what I am doing. TY for help guys!
Last edited by h4rryp0tter on Mon May 17, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

cinefile 17

Re: what's better-applying early or a higher LSAT (2pts)

Postby cinefile 17 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 am

More information would be helpful. Mostly like where are you scoring now and what's your goal score? Also, what makes you think you could only improve two points with the WHOLE summer to study?

Unless you're already scoring in the 170s, I'd recommend you wait to take it if you have reservations about taking it now. The October LSAT will still allow you to apply early enough in the cycle. Just get your personal statement and LORs ready to go by then. A higher LSAT will definitely make up for you turning in your application one month later.

h4rryp0tter

Postby h4rryp0tter » Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 am

hesslerj wrote:More information would be helpful. Mostly like where are you scoring now and what's your goal score? Also, what makes you think you could only improve two points with the WHOLE summer to study?

Unless you're already scoring in the 170s, I'd recommend you wait to take it if you have reservations about taking it now. The October LSAT will still allow you to apply early enough in the cycle. Just get your personal statement and LORs ready to go by then. A higher LSAT will definitely make up for you turning in your application one month later.

Im not scoring int he 170s right now , but I might be able to get there by June (Im not sure).

[quote="hesslerj" A higher LSAT will definitely make up for you turning in your application one month later.[/quote]
Would this be true if it was only one point higher?

Would my application be stronger if I applied one month earlier with a 168, then if I applied one month later with a 168?

creatinganalt

Postby creatinganalt » Mon May 17, 2010 4:44 am

You haven't really provided any evidence that you can achieve two points higher in October but if you don't feel ready, you should probably postpone it.

What are you scoring now? How much are you studying? What are your weak points?

Higher LSAT > earlier, especially since Nov is still early.

h4rryp0tter

Postby h4rryp0tter » Mon May 17, 2010 5:05 am

What if my LSAT score stays the same? Would I have a better chance with the earlier application or is that not true? What about one point higher?--would an earlier app make this one point irrelavent?

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Mon May 17, 2010 6:33 am

What is your GPA?

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon May 17, 2010 7:00 am

h4rryp0tter wrote:What if my LSAT score stays the same? Would I have a better chance with the earlier application or is that not true? What about one point higher?--would an earlier app make this one point irrelavent?

If June and Oct LSAT is the difference between EDing somewhere, then of course it would make a difference. Remember also that many schools front-load their scholarship offers. If your numbers are above median, a school is more likely to make a generous offer early in the cycle.

h4rryp0tter

Postby h4rryp0tter » Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 am

TCS wrote:
h4rryp0tter wrote:What if my LSAT score stays the same? Would I have a better chance with the earlier application or is that not true? What about one point higher?--would an earlier app make this one point irrelavent?

If June and Oct LSAT is the difference between EDing somewhere, then of course it would make a difference. Remember also that many schools front-load their scholarship offers. If your numbers are above median, a school is more likely to make a generous offer early in the cycle.

what if there were exactly two of the same people. one ED with a 166 and one applied later with 167. Which one has a better chance?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”