What to focus on for the next three weeks? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Albatross

Bronze

What to focus on for the next three weeks?

Post by Albatross » Sun May 16, 2010 8:01 pm

I've taken three PT's in the last week, scoring 161, 161, and 162. I have been flawless on all three LG sections and miss 4 or 5/LR section and 8 to 12 on RC. I had three plans in order to maximize my score, but am unsure which one will enhance the score the most. 1) I was just going to take PT's everyday until the day before the test and spend a few hours going over what I missed and what I was unsure about, 2) Focus on LR until I am flawless or -1 per section, or 3) Focus on RC as it is the section I am missing the most on, even though it is "the hardest to learn", though I am unsure of how much improvement it is possible to see in three weeks. Any proponents to these ideas? or others? And also, if you have had success mastering LR or RC in a few weeks, I'd like to know what worked.

Sandro

Gold

Re: What to focus on for the next three weeks?

Post by Sandro » Sun May 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Can you trade me your LG skills. I'm in the mid 170s with a good LG section.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 am

if you text me the answers to RC ill text you the answers to LG on test day

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon May 17, 2010 1:15 am

I definitely have not mastered RC (just missed 8 in a section) but I think I have made huge improvements in the last 10 days. Basically, I went from -6 to -10 to a pretty consistent -2 and -4, with a few exceptions. I do 4-6 sections a day and you just have to get a feel for it rather than treating it like a huge body of text / LR hybrid. If I were you, I'd chill with the games and just do 3-4 RC sections + 1 LR section a day for the next week.

I think going from -8 to -12 to -2 to -4 is a lot easier than going perfect on LR. LR isn't really like games where you can for sure be ready every time. Some of those questions are just so damn tricky. If anything, I think games is the most formulaic followed by RC.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 am

I would agree with you except when I miss questions on LR, I typically know the ones I'm going to miss. Then when I see the answers I almost immediately get the missing link between my answer and the correct answer. As far as RC goes, I think I'm going to try out your method for a couple of days and see if I can make any improvement. If I could get to -2 to -4 in a week in a half, that would give me another week and a half or so to master LR as much as possible.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 am

I forgot to mention, I give myself 30 minutes to do RC sections. But I started doing 8:45 for each section and once I felt comfortable, I'd move to two sections timed, then three before doing full sections. I think it is probably a confidence thing even though some sections are longer than others.

GL, I wish the LSAT was 4 games sections also.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”